Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there...<br>
I'm beginning to wonder if I just eat too much!? But I am so bloated after I eat a meal...especially in the evening. It's very uncomfortable. I don't feel like I'm overeating by any means...but is this normal?<br><br>
I know that everything is going to get "closer together" in there, but I'm only 11w 3d...<br><br>
Anyone else have this too?<br><br><br>
Thanks<br>
Sara

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Oh, me too!!! It's been happening for quite a while now, I'm 13.5 weeks and I get very bloated. My belly is sometimes more pronounced ABOVE my waist than below, after I eat!!<br><br>
No suggestions, just sympathy! Hopefully a BTDT mama could advise us??<br><br>
Oh, and I don't feel I overeat, but I am eating regularly sized meals, not small frequent ones, and I'm starting to feel a bit of heartburn too...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hi Joyfull -- I had that problem w/this pregnancy for the first two trimesters! it was awful!! Especially in the very beginning... So, yes it happens, no, i don't have advice!! I suffered! And tried not to lie down right after eating, going for a walk would help sometimes, eventhough you feel like a beached whale! I felt like i was 9 months preg when i was 3! (I'm 10 months now, and feel better than i did then!)...<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello!<br>
I am feeling this same thing, especially in the evening as you mentioned. I am almost 16 wks, and from what the last post said, I guess we shouldn't expect any relief until the third trimester! Oh, well.<br>
I too have tried going for a walk after I eat to reduce the feeling that my stomach is going to pop right out of my skin (sorry, too graphic? I have no class, as a nursing student), and it helps. I am also going to TRY to eat smaller, more frequent meals. I was doing that in the first trimester, just because I had to to ward off nausea, and I didn't notice the bloating as much then.<br>
Hopefully some of these ideas will help. I am sorry I can't offer any real advice, just comiserate!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I definately had that feeling - and had some recommendations to eat 'cooling' foods, based on the 'traditions of chinese medicine' . But the best thing I found was something I remembered from working in a Japanese restaurant was Umiboshi - which are pickled plums. They are high in alkaline and balance your acid and alkaline. Take one per day. I love them - the texture is a bit squishy so you can get it in paste form if you prefer - but the sourness was something I really loved (love). You can find them in the Japanese food section at the grocery store - I found them at Whole Foods. I eat one after dinner and it's saving my sanity.<br>
Good luck -

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think it's normal because I have had that problem all along. I'm now 40 weeks and still gain 6 extra lbs at night compared with my morning weight. I feel like a stuffed beach whale at night and I don't think I've neccessarily been overeating. I took morning measurements and the same exact place at night and I even measure 3 inches different so it's a fact I am bigger at night.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Same here and I'm 11 weeks as well. It's definitely more of a night time thing, after dinner. But I often eat my previous night's left-overs for lunch and I don't see it happening then, so I'm not sure its connected to the kind of food I'm eating.<br><br>
Ya know the end of the day exhaustion, the "I'm done" feeling? Maybe our insides are expressing the same thing through the bloating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts