Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there...
I'm beginning to wonder if I just eat too much!? But I am so bloated after I eat a meal...especially in the evening. It's very uncomfortable. I don't feel like I'm overeating by any means...but is this normal?

I know that everything is going to get "closer together" in there, but I'm only 11w 3d...

Anyone else have this too?

Thanks
Sara

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Oh, me too!!! It's been happening for quite a while now, I'm 13.5 weeks and I get very bloated. My belly is sometimes more pronounced ABOVE my waist than below, after I eat!!

No suggestions, just sympathy! Hopefully a BTDT mama could advise us??

Oh, and I don't feel I overeat, but I am eating regularly sized meals, not small frequent ones, and I'm starting to feel a bit of heartburn too...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi Joyfull -- I had that problem w/this pregnancy for the first two trimesters! it was awful!! Especially in the very beginning... So, yes it happens, no, i don't have advice!! I suffered! And tried not to lie down right after eating, going for a walk would help sometimes, eventhough you feel like a beached whale! I felt like i was 9 months preg when i was 3! (I'm 10 months now, and feel better than i did then!)...

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello!
I am feeling this same thing, especially in the evening as you mentioned. I am almost 16 wks, and from what the last post said, I guess we shouldn't expect any relief until the third trimester! Oh, well.
I too have tried going for a walk after I eat to reduce the feeling that my stomach is going to pop right out of my skin (sorry, too graphic? I have no class, as a nursing student), and it helps. I am also going to TRY to eat smaller, more frequent meals. I was doing that in the first trimester, just because I had to to ward off nausea, and I didn't notice the bloating as much then.
Hopefully some of these ideas will help. I am sorry I can't offer any real advice, just comiserate!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I definately had that feeling - and had some recommendations to eat 'cooling' foods, based on the 'traditions of chinese medicine' . But the best thing I found was something I remembered from working in a Japanese restaurant was Umiboshi - which are pickled plums. They are high in alkaline and balance your acid and alkaline. Take one per day. I love them - the texture is a bit squishy so you can get it in paste form if you prefer - but the sourness was something I really loved (love). You can find them in the Japanese food section at the grocery store - I found them at Whole Foods. I eat one after dinner and it's saving my sanity.
Good luck -

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think it's normal because I have had that problem all along. I'm now 40 weeks and still gain 6 extra lbs at night compared with my morning weight. I feel like a stuffed beach whale at night and I don't think I've neccessarily been overeating. I took morning measurements and the same exact place at night and I even measure 3 inches different so it's a fact I am bigger at night.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Same here and I'm 11 weeks as well. It's definitely more of a night time thing, after dinner. But I often eat my previous night's left-overs for lunch and I don't see it happening then, so I'm not sure its connected to the kind of food I'm eating.

Ya know the end of the day exhaustion, the "I'm done" feeling? Maybe our insides are expressing the same thing through the bloating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.