Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have to say, pregnancy is not my favourite time of life. I'm so excited about the new baby to come, but to be pregnant, ugh.

I also feel kind of bummed because I feel like I can't start anything, can't do anything, I feel like I'm in a waiting bubble, a lady in waiting. I'm kind of bored right now, doing the same things day after day with dd, and wish I could go do something different, I thought about starting dance classes because I love to dance, but doesn't make much sense when I'm almost 30 weeks preg.

Anyone else just bummed right now?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm right there with you. There is so much i want to do right now, that i can't because I'm pg. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about having a baby, but it just seems like there is so much I can't do! It gets frustrating sometimes.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I'll agree - today I burst into tears because I couldn't reach a baking pan I wanted from the bottom cabinet in the kitchen. I feel so useless! All weekend DH was busy doing all of MY projects because I couldn't do anything I wanted - too big, back hurts, belly hurts, etc. I feel like a big lump of useless goo, and it is VERY frustrating.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yep. I actually enjoy being pregnant, for the most part, but geez - I need to hire someone to get stuff done for me or something!!! I'm in a huge nesting phase, but by the time I do the normal daily stuff of laundry and dishes and whatnot, I can't get anything else done! It's like by the time ds goes to bed at 8, I get some stuff done, and finally get a shower, it's past time for bed! UGH.

Dh has this list of things he wants to get done around the house - needless to say, it's not the same as mine! LOL. I want rooms painted, which I can't do. I want the basement finished so we can get organized. I really want to toss everything out of the garage and basement so we have SPACE. :LOL Meanwhile, since I can't, I'm just frustrated and angry that I'm unable to do things. I'm probably too independent for my own good.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup I'm the same way, I want things done, like we bought a shed, one that you have to put up yourself, my dh is useless for stuff like that. And normally, I'd just go do it myself. I am the handy one around the house, but I can't very well be lifting huge pieces of lumber and climbing up ladders etc... So the shed has a big blue tarp over it. My dh's dad put most of it up, but now it's been 3 weeks and my dh has done nothing on it. We have no storage space in our house and I want to put stuff in there, but can't because it isn't done. Ugh, I suppose it'll get done when this baby is here and I can finish it myself!

oh ya, I heard there's some non-toxic paint you can buy that doesn't have fumes so it would be safe for pregnancy.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My thing is I'm so darn tired when I get home from work that nothing gets done. I feel like I'm sleeping my life away sometimes! :LOL

Sherwin Williams has a paint called Harmony that is zero-VOC (very low-VOC if it's tinted). It's supposed to be about the safest paint to use during pregnancy. We got it for the baby's room, and finally started painting the other day. I can barely smell the paint, even fresh - compared with the office which DH painted about a month ago with regular paint and I can STILL smell.
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts