Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to admit it, I am miserable in this pregnancy. I am so grateful to be carrying my second child and it is magical to feel his/her kicks and wriggles, but I have been suffering pretty severe anxiety from the start. Is anyone else in the same boat? It is mainly health worries that trouble me. In my first pregnancy I had a UTI that would not budge until I gave into antibiotics (I tried to cure it myself for weeks but it wouldn't let up) which luckily sorted it but I do wonder what effect it has had on my son, he gets colds a lot. I now have the same thing, exactly the same as before.

I am terrified of having to take antibiotics again this time around but know I may just have to. I am doing all I can to cure it naturally, but I am so scared of it causing a serious problem, though I know it is a very mild infection.

I felt very similar (though not as severe) in my first pregnancy, and things did get so much easier after I could hold my baby safely in my arms. I am literally counting the days until my due date (95 to go...), does anyone else feel similar? Or have any advice? I am alone so much of the time and it all feels so huge and insurmountable with so long left to go.

If none of this rings any bells, I am glad for you! And wish you all the best :) xxx

P.S. If anyone can say why they feel nothing like I do I'd love to hear it, I could use some positive perspectives!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have more worries about something risking me out of midwifery care I the third trimester (been there, done that, would rather not repeat), and being able to have another VBAC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went through this same situation. I was in a depressed mood most of the time, no longer enjoying things which I used to. Later I approached a Psychotherapist to manage thoughts and emotions, this helped me alot.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yesssssss I am counting down the days!!! Feels like FOREVER still.

Took a long time to get pregnant for me, lost a little one early, I just want this baby!!

I try VERY very hard to focus on not letting the worries and fears take away any peace I find. It is so so so difficult to do but I am trying. The drain is too easy to get sucked into, and it steals everything.

Big big understanding here... I'm sorry you have recurring issues. Do you take or do any immune system boosters? Garlic? Lemon balm tincture daily, echinacea tincture daily, etc?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesssssss I am counting down the days!!! Feels like FOREVER still.

Took a long time to get pregnant for me, lost a little one early, I just want this baby!!

I try VERY very hard to focus on not letting the worries and fears take away any peace I find. It is so so so difficult to do but I am trying. The drain is too easy to get sucked into, and it steals everything.

Big big understanding here... I'm sorry you have recurring issues. Do you take or do any immune system boosters? Garlic? Lemon balm tincture daily, echinacea tincture daily, etc?
Hey, my gosh your situation sounds so stressful, I am so sorry! I can only imagine how you're feeling. I'm feeling bad enough without those added fears!

It is a deep pit, and if you take just a tiny peek inside it can envelope you totally. I'm glad I reached out, I always feel it is so much easier when you can meet people who feel similar, I hope it helps you a little, too. I guess you are due about the same time as me? I'm the 9th of November. We've made it this far!

I tried everything for the infection... probiotics (which I will continue anyway), loads of lemon juice, loads of water, I know there is added vit c in my pregnancy supplements, I will definitely add some garlic to the mix, but unfortunately I have been advised by my trusted (and alternative friendly) midwife to take antibiotics. I also agree, I just want to be clear of the infection now, it is too scary. Ugh. I just hope it does as little damage as possible to my little one. I had to take them last time, too, and my son is just perfect, so I will hold onto that.

I so hope the days pass quickly for you and that you have no complications, I am here for support or chat anytime :)

It does steal everything, you are so right. But we can fight it. I am so sorry for your past experiences but wish you a happy and healthy rest of you pregnancy. xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts