Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweet DS was 100% rash free from the moment we arrived home after his birth until October. When he started sleeping through the night he would sometimes poop before he fell asleep and end up in it all night long. That brought on a rash like I have never seen before. It was like his skin was burnt away. In spots he had basically what looked like holes, like the skin had been burt away in those areas. On the inside of his thighs were yellow blisters. We started going cover free all day and using only fleece covers when we were out, and by washing him down with baby soap between every diaper change It finally went away. This probably took a good two weeks. Then, a couple weeks later he had diarrhea (is that even spelled right?) which caused a regular old diaper rash and a day later it broke out into the same thing he had before, with the holes! So, I did some reshearch, bought some TTO and started using it like crazy in his wipes water, in the wash, and mixed it strongly with oilive oil and was putting it on his bottom after a wash between each diaper. So, finally it was going away and I thought we had seen the last of it. There was one tiny spot left on his cheek, when one morning this week he woke up with a swolen foreskin. Of course that freaked me out, but I put some tto/olive oil on it and it went down. Now the rash is back on his bits and his thighs, but his bottom seems to still be ok.<br>
I'm back to the same regimine, and am heavily considering bleaching his diapers tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with a rash that looked like this because I have never seen anything like it in my life!<br>
---------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>
I guess I should add that in September we switched to an HE machine. I have never striped his diapers (I'm scared to put Dawn in my HE!), but I have been washing them on a hot wash/cold rinse (No choice about the rinse temp) with about a cup of vinegar followed by a hot wash with two rinses, vinegar in the first rinse. We use the same soap in the same amount as always, and they are the same diapers we've used since he was three mos old.<br><br>
I can't see the HE machine making a difference because both times he got the rash it it was after having a regular rash first, and the rash didn't come about until October, and I def wash diapers twice a week at least. Other than that nothing else has changed!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Aaawww... poor lil guy! My middle daughter got very, very bad diaper rash. It was so bad, it bled and she SCREAMED when she peed or had BM's. It was heartbreaking. We tried EVERYTHING, we had prescribed diaper cream from a pediatrician and a dermatologist, advice from naturopaths etc. Nothing would stop them from happening. One day I decided to switch to cloth diapers. We did nothing special to her bum, just switched diapers and she never had a rash again. I think her skin was reacting to the disposable diapers. Is this possible with your little guy?<br>
I hope you find something that stops it, I know its hard to watch your baby go through pain.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It could be the vinegar. It might not be getting completely washed out with your new machine. I would try eliminating that then go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts