Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be fun to see who else is due on August 20th, or a few days give or take around there. I know, I know babies only come when they're ready. . . not when they're expected.
But, it would be great to keep in touch with you all and see when we all have our babies and be able to share birth stories with one another.

Happy Pregnancy to everyone!!

~~~ Andrya
wife to Alex
, mama to Kaianna and serrogate mama to sadie cat
:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
By retrieval (it was IVF) we're due 8/23, but by ultrasound it's been consistently 8/21, so that's what they put in the ol' chart. Though, who knows how far I'll go with twins! I'm visualizing at least August 1! A good 37 weeks and about 6 lbs each as I usually grow 'em big!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations to us all! I think that it is so wonderful that we're all probably going to be going through similar pregnancy things at the same time!

How did you all find out? (I think there is a thread about this somewhere, but it'd be interesting to hear YOUR stories!) Do any of you have other children, if so, how old? I have a vivacious 2 year old! I love this age, it's a lot of fun!

Do any of you already know what your birth plan will be like? I think that I will see a CNM and have to deliver at the hospital
. I just plan to get out ASAP after delivery that way they can't "help" with the breastfeeding like they did last time.
my daughter never latched on, but I pumped for as long as I could till milk ran out due to the pill. Irk! But, this time I really hope to have a strong latch and nurse 18 or more mos.! I've been talking to my daughter about the fact that mommy has a baby in uterus and showing her pictures. I think I'm going to watch "Life's Greatest miracle with her" by Nova. to help explain the whole pregnancy to her. I'm not sure she'll understand, But, IMO I feel like it's good to let her know what's happening and will happen to mom.
I know none of us are very far along pregnant, but how have you been preparing your older children?

This part of pregnancy always feels a little frustrating for me because I just want the world to know the miracle thats happening inside me, but, instead the world sees me just getting fatter. LOL! in fact, when we told my DD's parents on christmas, my MIL said " oh, well, it's good to know you're pregnant, because I noticed you getting fatter, but didn't want to say anything!"
Oh, well. I'm sure she means well. LOL.

Wow! Twins huh? Did you suspect that you were pregnant with twins? How did you find out? I've had lots of dreams that I had twins, and my symptoms seem to be stronger than with my DD. I've wondered. I'm curious to know about this! Congrats!

Take Care everyone!

~~~~~~~~~Andrya
Alex, attached mama :2toddler: to Kaianna (1/20/2003) patiently awaiting bump number 2 in August!!
~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by K's Mom!
Wow! Twins huh? Did you suspect that you were pregnant with twins? How did you find out? I've had lots of dreams that I had twins, and my symptoms seem to be stronger than with my DD. I've wondered. I'm curious to know about this! Congrats!
Well, it was IVF and we transferred two, and on the first ultrasound, there they both were! I figured from about 5 or 6 days past the transfer that both stuck. I just felt like they did

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
i'm due august 20 w/ #2. i haven't posted in eons, but i have a 22 mo ds who's still nursing, co-sleeping, etc.

don't know what else to say. i seem so big this time. i've grown out of all but 1 pair of my pre-preg pants already. my morning sickneses went away a few weeks ago, but nursing is kind of painful.
seraf

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Hey, I'm due on the 22nd or so with my first! Although we were TTC, I wasn't keeping track of my LMP since they are always regular, so I don't know exactly. DH and I both instinctively felt we were going to be pregnant one night when we GIO
, and joked about it incessantly before we knew. Finally as my breasts were crazy sore for a week and I was having cramping and no flow...
ta da!

Let me tell you that the mommy vibe sure is hot today! My friend Mary a few states away delivered her 3rd early this a.m., UC. As soon as I woke this morning, as I was sitting in bed waiting for the nausea to subside enough to get up, I just knew! she had her baby! I called, and sure enough!

I'm so excited to be able to share my journey with all of you. Thanks for being there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.