Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is DH and I's first SERIOUS month of TTC #2 (ds#1 TOOK 11 MNTHS to concieve), We have been BD every 48 hours to get fresh sperm pumping
, ( he was gone for all of last month) we both take a million suppliments every day, I just took my first dose of robitussin YUK!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fresh pineapple is ready to go for the weekend,
This takes hard work and lots of co-ordination, I was trying in my mind to flip it to a feeling of let it be, but really it isn't , we are turning cartwheels to try to get nature to do it's thing
anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
BTDT. Hope you don't mind I dropped in but I just had to say I know exactly what you are feeling. There were times when DH was so tired but I was like "No, this is the way its gonna be so perk up baby!" LOL. It will get better but there sure are some interesting days. Hang in there.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Well, I kind of feel that way - but less about the stuff and more about the sex. Lol! I'm thinking, dang, I'm tired... buuuut, we want a baby!

There are lots of things you can take that support your fertility that aren't like robitussin (found at a health food store)... maybe you should ask there? But you said you're taking a ton of supplements so you're probably already doing that.

It'll be worth it in the end! But don't feel bad if you want a break from the 'stuff' at any point.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Talia,

The best advice I have is to hang in there and be positive! We are finishing our 12th cycle of TTC. Our bodies are mysterious. We can plan our lives, but can't control all of the outcomes.

Peace to you and DH!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I saw oprah the other day that bananas make men and woman want sex.....eating them that is! Just another idea. Also that men eating celery, it makes men give off a "scent" that turns woman on...

Not that I dont love hubby but doing the baby dance everynight gets old!LOL!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your words of encouragement, The banana's and celery sound great, I watched that same Oprah but never put it into my mind to do something that might make us want to BD just for the sake of it

WE thought we learned from DS1 to let fate run it's course, after all if we had concieved at any other time we wouldn't have our wonderful DS exactly the way he is, but it is really really really hard to remember that KWIM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.