Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay gotta question for all of you... is anyone else feeling a tugging sort of feeling in their pelvis area... at times feel a little like gas and other times an actual pulling? it has me a little alarmed
though my husband is saying maybe its just things expanding and shifting to make room... I'm in my 6th week and this is our first (had an early m/c in april at 6 weeks this is why I'm so nervous though this isn't something I remember feeling before and trust me I remember every second and every feeling from then)

Anyone else feeling this or something similar... or have any thoughts as to what this might be....

Thanks...
Nicki

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I had a lot of tugging early on with my last pg but only a little with this one. I'm at 8 weeks now and noticed that pulling feeling yesterday. I think it's perfectly normal and a good sign!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Nicki:
Although it can be painful that is a great sign. Congratulations your Uterus is growing. The more kids you have the earlier and bigger your uterus grows, usually because the muscle tone is less and less after each baby. If you are a small person and you work out a lot you may have a tight abdomen and really feel the pulling in this pregnancy. Congrats again, don't worry it's a good thing.

Baby #3 Pregnancy #4 here. Feeling lots of pulling and twinges. If I stand up to quickly or try to strech it hurts. Started feeling bloated on Monday and we went to the Ft. Worth zoo today. It was so hot and my lower abdomen seemed to be protruding much more than I remembered when we left the house this morning. So not ready for maternity clothes. Hoping to loose the bloating and wait as long as possible for mat. clothes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:

Hi everyone... thank you so much for all of your feedback you have really helped to put my mind at ease. I find that I'm grinning now when I feel those little twinges, pulls and tugs and thinking of it as a good sign rather then a scary one. That and I have had to tell dh that he was right... and let me tell you he's now riding that " I told you so" wave...

I love the support that I'm finding here and am looking forward to getting to know you all so much better over the coming months...

Thanks again for putting a worried mind at ease.
Nicki

·
Registered
896 Posts
Ofcourse. That's what we are here for. I wish I had know about mothering and these due date groups when I was pregnant with my first. I know things would have been completely different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.