Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure have.
: I'm in love with natural fibers and have almost a totally wool/silk/cotton collection for DS#2. Just wanted to know if I was the only one out there. It's almost all un-dyed and natural looking, and I just love the ivory-simplicity!
But it's truly not too colorful to look at. I'm realizing this especially since I photo'd it all this morning in a moment of house-bound boredom against a white floor!
It looks boring, but it's all so soft and yummy feeling. Want to see?
Here's the album, you can slideshow through it to see the stuff I bought from www.ruskovilla.fi , www.cut4cloth.co.uk , www.spiritofnature.co.uk , www.ecobaby.com , and H&M :LOL (ok so it's not ALL organic). The hats/booties aren't organic either, my mom made them from whatever yarn.
But she got rheumatoid arthritis shortly after so they are treasured above everything else anyway because they were among the last baby things she will ever knit/crochet.
In the name of adding a bright splash of color, I also bought this random item for nighttime....
:

Please, someone, reply so I know I'm not the only pregnant mama with too much time on her hands and getting way too much enjoyment of preparing for baby's arrival, ok?
Tell me what you've been buying/petting/folding/pre-washing in anticipation of your little one's arrival!!!
:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Count me in!! DH and I decided we only wanted to use organic cotton or other natural fibers like hemp and wool. I haven't bought much, b/c I rarely find it used, and it's SO expensive new. So I registered for all organic! :LOL I am crossing my fingers that ppl will actually shop the registry, b/c if they don't, there will be a lot of returns, and I'll have to order it all myself.
Not to mention the HOURS I spent making the registry, to find the cutest/colorful/cheapest organic stuff...

Anyways, I've found a few things at thrift stores and garage sales that are labeled "natural cotton" that are pretty ugly, but for a buck, who am I to complain? Yesterday, though, I found a super cute organic one-piece that has a tomato on it, and says something like "top tomato" (I don't remember!).

I like your album!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts