Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Most nights DD1, DD2 and I all sleep in the king bed in the master bedroom.  DH sleeps in the spare room.  I feel guilty that I prefer this.  DH is a snooze button hitter (I saw him do it for 3 hours once!) and we slept in separate rooms before we had kids too.  On weekends we occasionally kick DD1 into her room so DH can sleep with me and the baby, but not often.  Does anyone else prefer sleeping with the kids instead of their husband for whatever reason?</p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>If we had another room dh & I would happily sleep separate. Unfortunately in our current house that means dh sleeps on the couch a LOT.</p>

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
<p>Yep. Dh wakes easily and can't get back to sleep and shifts and prowls around. I wear a medical device that beeps. The two don't work well together. I like sleeping with someone and dd doesn't care that I beep.</p>

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
<p>Oh I wish I could - the snooze button plus snoring from DH makes him the much less welcome partner in my bed, DD is much nicer to sleep with :) </p>

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This thread reminds me of that Target commercial where the mom and dad are in bed and then one by one all the kids climb in...followed by the dog. Dad ends up on the floor. Poor dads!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>Oh yes. DH and I are both happier sleeping apart, we each get a child, and then there is a spare one floating around. We joke that someday when they all want their own room, we'll have to add on so we can continue with his/her rooms. </p>

·
Registered
198 Posts
<p>DH and i have always slept apart - he's up most of the night anyway, plus he steals covers and takes up most of the bed. who wants to share that?  LOL</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i like sleeping with DS, though he does have his father's tendency to hog the bed. i'm usually hanging off the side by morning :)</p>

·
Registered
141 Posts
<p>I prefer to sleep with the dog.  She's warm and stays at the bottom of the bed near my cold feet!  :)  She doesn't snore, take any blankets, or nurse!  If I had my choice, it'd be me and the dog in one room and DH and DS in the other!  :)</p>

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
<p>Yup, we do! My DH is a snooze hitter starting at 3:30am and I would be awake until he climbed out of bed at 4:30am. Not to mention with him in the spare room we all have more room! We all love the sleep!</p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts