Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,771 Posts
My 18 month old usually goes to bed around 9 or 10 pm. No big surprise, it seems he's inherited the sleep paterns of both his parents! Up a little later at night, sleep in a bit in the morning. Since we have no need for getting up early or anything we just go with it and follow his cues. It can be tough sometimes, when he's not ready for bed but I'm ready for him to be ready :LOL and of course sleep times vary depending on the weather, what we did that day, etc...so I guess it might be nice to know that he would be in bed at the same time every night.....but I like how we do things. Dh and I never go to bed the same time every day so we don't expect ds to be any different. Also, ds is quite flexible which is really nice. We can go out places and if his nap comes a little later than usual, it's ok. We can stay out later than most people with kids and it's no problem, he'll just sleep in later the next day.

I don't think it's better or worse for kids to be in bed early, I think usually it's just what we see because so many people have commitments that meanthey have to get up early. If I had to get ds up at 7am every day to go to school or daycare or something I bet he'd go to sleep a lot earlier in the evening, you know?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.