Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your toddler aware of the different diapers? Do they prefer a brand?

My dd goes over to her changing table, rummages through the drawers, and picks out which diaper she wants.....by brand. She will proclaim, "I want my First Class Baby on....with this Kiwi Pie cover."

She will actually say, "I wet in my Bizzy B Hive. Now I want my Sugarpeas."

At night, she goes into the AIO drawer, and finds a Honeyboy. Then she opens the doubler drawer and gets out a Joey Bunz and a fleec-topped hemp doubler. She will tell me, "Ok, this monkey Honeyboy tonight...with this hemp and this fleece to keep my yoni dry."

I keep telling myself that she will potty train before she can actually stalk the TP and use paypal to buy the diapers herself. I hope.:LOL

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Geez, that's cute! I wonder if my son will get to that point. Would it be wrong to train him to do that on purpose?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should mention that dd is a total Type-A obsessive. (She's 29 mos, BTW)She is like that with her clothes, too. She asks what everything is as soon as it comes through the door, even though she can plainly see it is a dress, for example.

She'll press me, "What kind of dress?"
"Uhhhhh, a sundress, honey."
"Oh. A sundress. With stripes."
"Yes, a striped sundress."
"Blue stripes! And it feels soft!"

And from then on it is "the soft blue striped sundress we got in the mail Tuesday." And that is how she will ask for it.
She's a bit nutty that way.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have no doubt Eliza will be aware that her diapers are cute, LOL. I maybe dont explain to her what everything is but we make a fuss of them, and she's aware that when she has no pants on we think she looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Before my dd potty trained, she was *well* aware of which diapers were her favorites! She would flat-out refuse to wear certain ones and if you tried to make her, you were in for World War III. We had to finally hide the cute ones and just keep the plain ones for her to finally train! I thought she'd never give up her hippo appliqued BBH!! :LOL

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Not my toddler since she's not talking yet
but that's a whole other story.

But my 5 yr old really gets into it. She loves to go pick out which diapers the babies are going to wear. Her favorite is the Banana FMBG AIO for Sara and Jacks dinosaur BJ Marketplace soaker. She keeps telling me to make sure I save all of the diapers for her babies. And she loves to help me shop, she'll point out the diapers she thinks are cute and the ones I should buy.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
My 2.5 yr old gets very insistant that *she* is the hyena in the house. NO! I'M A HYENWA! I BUY DIPES! And then proceeds to ask every kid she meets if they wear "cwoth diapers" or "trash diapers", if they get fluffy mail, and if they have playsilks - because she only wants to play at their house if they have playsilks....

Needless to say... the other women at my mother's group think I'm weird...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The baby doesn't but his big sister does. She loves helping me fold and put away diapers, strategically placing her favorites on the top of every stack. Before baby outgrew the Nemo dipes...everytime I'd walk by the changing table Nemo would be on top of the front pile. I'd discreetly put it at the bottom of the pile...next time I'd walk by it was on top again.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
This is too cute. I'm hoping my baby has a little hyena in her. My older dd (who only cd'd briefly using a service when she was a baby) has realized the difference. She knows which diapers are hers & which belong to the baby. But so far there has been no big fuss. She has some delays so perhaps her inner hyena is just on the verge of coming out.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Holden is too young to be a hyena, but is sister makes up for it! She knows all of her favorite dipes for Holden by name and will tell me what to put on him. She also likes to help me stalk diaper sites and pick out diapers, and stalks the mail carrier for fluffy mail. And when we go to the fabric store, she picks out prints that "the other mamas will like" so I can make more diapers!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Austin really has an attraction to his FMBG AIOs he like to pick them up and hand them to me. :LOL He can't talk yet.. or he might be asking me if we can get some more of those.. :LOL :LOL

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My 18m old ds is obsessed with Owls, Elephants and trucks. So, he will choose a diaper that has one of those things on it. It's getting to the point where he gets annoyed if there aren't any cleans ones left with any of those prints.
I DEFINITELY need more of these. And since we only use AIO's, he doesn't really care which brand it is...As long as it has a beloved elephant, owl or truck. hahah. I do have one old print HH that I use on laundry day but he doesn't like it. Neither do i. lol.
For actual fit, he seems most comfortable in his VK. Then, he likes LHC.
That's most of our very small stash.

Hugs,
Liz

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I switched dd to cloth when she was 2.5. I first bought cpf's and a Bummis SWW and an Aristocrat. Then I started buying adorable fitteds. She refused to wear anything but a cpf and Arisocrat. :LOL It was the "softest".

Baby ds is still too little to voice an opinion but dd loves to fold his diapers and when I ask her to bring me a diaper for him she always brings a cpf.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucysmama
She will actually say, "I wet in my Bizzy B Hive. Now I want my Sugarpeas."
That is the cutest thing ever! My dd likes her dipes, but will ask for the "flower one" or the "pink diaper". She doesn't know the brands.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.