Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like during the 2ww there are always tons of symptoms to analyze. I was wondering if anyone else has weird symptoms during ovulation? Since I started on some supplements a few months ago, O has been getting stranger and stranger. First of all, it is taking my body forever to O. I spend an entire week in ovulation mode, with ewcm, combos of full and partial ferning in my saliva, and spurts of rising temps that don't last. This has actually been a pattern for me for a long time--one month everything will go smoothly and I'll O w/o problem around cd14. The next month things get stretched out. It doesn't seem to correspond to any outside stress. It feels like my body is trying to O but just can't quite get there; finally it happens.

This month I also had horrible heartburn for a few days around O. Also, I seem to have all my problems with acne at O and not as part of PMS.

I Know a lot is going on hormonally; I was just wondering why we don't hear as much about O symptoms as we do PMS and if this is just me? Normally the only symptom I've had outside of ewcm has been O pain. I haven't had that since I started herbs until this month, when it lasted 2 days, which has never happened before. Usually it lasts a couple of hours max.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'm discovering through cahrting that my "PMS" symptoms are actually O sympotms, and way worse; sore breasts, moody, exhausted, nausea, etc. I'm taking EPO and B complex hoping that'll help a bit but there are still a few days from hell each month.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
MUSE...this has been me! I have been exhausted and my breasts have hurt like crazy for the last week and a half and I o'd (probably) on Saturday. My bbs feel better but I'm still exhausted. I just got through PLEASING with my 21 month old to take a nap so I could sleep too. now we are going outside, but I've revived myself. She'll probably want a nap in a half hour or so. arrghhh.

s

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
hmmm there's a good question! I think my symptoms have become more intense post-partum and also after a m/c in Dec, but maybe also I am just paying closer attention. I like to think symptoms are good in that hormones are doing what they need to do. Hopefully.

mamtoady, I hear ya! today ds didn't nap so I lay down while he played, woke up 15 mins later! Every month I'm convinced I'm pg because the symptoms are so intense and pregnancy-like. Nausea, the whole lot... Course this month I *am* pregnant....
:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I get cramping, acne, sore nipples, and my sense of smell gets really really sensitive before and during ovulation. Anyone else have heightened senses during O??? This totally surprised me. In ever noticed it until I started charting, but now I realize that it's probably always happened.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Laurel,

While I can't say that I have difficult o, I'm curious about what supplements you are taking. Since I'm a lesbian, I'm having IUI at a clinic and I have been taking Femara (like Clomid but newer on the market), and I get HCG injections to provoke my ovulation (so that they can inseminate exactly at the right time). Last month, I had terrible nausea and heartburn, which I never ever have, and I thought I was pg. I wasn't (tho I realize I may have been briefly), and the nausea went away, but I still had really bad heartburn for about two weeks after the initial bout.

In addition to the Fem. and HCG, I take glucosamine, omega 3, vitamine B complex (with folic acid), calcium, royal jelly (all under the supervisions of a naturopath).

Do any of our supplements overlap? I'm just trying to eliminate causes for that horrible heartburn! I could barely eat anything!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the past four months I've taken a prenatal multi, B-complex, calcium magnesium citrate, and an herbal blend with dong quai, squawvine, eleuthero, licorice, and white peony. I didn't have any heartburn with these. Last month I added Symplex F (a glandular support supplement) and progesterone cream after O. I am blaming everything unusual on Symplex F!
Oh, I'm also taking an omega 3-6-9 supplement. It sounds like we do have some of the same stuff, but I'm not sure any one thing is the cause of the heartburn. I think it is the hormones associated with O, and therefore an indirect result of what I'm taking rather than a direct result. I'm also working with a naturopath.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm with you on the heightened sense of smell thing. Ugh - I bike to work, and last month I was biking near an area of Toronto called Kensington Market, which is, you guessed it, a market, or more accurately, a bunch of little markets clustered together- fruit, vegetables, fish, etc. I've always been sensitive to odours, but that day, I thought I would puke. I literally gagged. I had to change my route because there was no way I could go through the market without hurling. I'm not TTC yet but I like to know what's going on down there
and sure enough, there's a correlation, for me at least.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hey Laurel,

Yah, there are lots of overlaps with our sups, but I also doubt they are cause for heartburn. They never gave me that before. I was also particularly stressed
at that time, so who knows!

In any case, I hope it doesn't happen again, for you or me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.