Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get DS enrolled in Kindergarten with K12 for a couple of months now. The liaison we were assigned doesn't seem to really know what's going on and she's given me conflicting information a couple of times. Last time I talked to her, she kept repeating the fax number no matter how many times I told her I didn't have a fax machine. I had to send in a couple of forms by snail mail and they never got them. I resent them by fax at the library and they STILL haven't got them. Also, they're showing that we need to submit several things that don't apply to DS, like high school transcripts. I'm probably going to quit and switch to the other online school in our state if it's not worked out by Monday. If it's this crazy just getting enrolled, what's it going to be like for the actual schooling?<br><br>
Has anyone else had this kind of difficulty with K12.

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
Maybe it's a sign.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We didn't have those troubles signing DS up for 1st. They did show all the high school stuff but we didn't need to do any of it obviously. It did take a few days for our papers to be received/entered from the time I scanned and emailed them.<br><br>
ETA: the people handling enrollment are NOT the same people you would be dealing with through the year.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
We thought about K12 and started the enrollment process. But when I sent in some documentation they only accepted 1/2. When they started turning down other stuff I decided that it was probably an indication of how the rest of the year would go and disenrolled. I guess I'm too used to my independence to answer to anyone to that degree just yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts