Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having braxton hicks? I know this is my third but man, being pregnant hurts. I don't know if it is braxton hicks or just my uterus stretching. But my stomach hurts he majority of the time.....

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have been having tonnes of braxton hicks. When tired, stressed, hungry you name it, I have been feeling timeable measurable contractions. One of the drawbacks to not being a first timer, is all the fun things tend to be more intense and earlier!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I did not have an Braxton Hicks last time...that I know of. In fact, when I woke up with real contractions I thought I had food poisoning. This time, though, I get them once a day or so. Usually from straining too much in a weird way. It just feels like my stomach is really tight and hard, like it is "contracting." Is that right? It is hard for me to know, bc I had about 15 minutes of light contractions in my labor with ds, and then the rest of the time it was hard-core, knock-me-over type of contractions.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have been having BH since about 18 weeks. I noticed that if I take extra magnesium and drink enough water that they aren't painful. I take a magnesium suppliment called MAGNELEVURES for muscle pain and cramping (unrelated to pregnancy). It is by far the best magnesium suppliment that I have ever tried. If I stop taking it or try another brand my muscle cramping and pain comes back within 2 days. Anyway, you can get it from a naturopath or order it online.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
plenty.

My care provider from last time round said that the uterus actually contracts pretty regularly over the course of a woman's life... it's just that normally it's not something you feel. When you're pregnant you do feel it, and if you've been pregnant before you tend to feel it sooner/more intensely.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I've been feeling them regularly, but they're not painful, just noticeable. I do take a Mg2+ supplement twice a day for my restless leg, so maybe that's helping with any pain?

Also, when I had my CVS done at 11.5 weeks, they had an ultrasound on while they did the procedure and there were 3 BH contractions during those 20 minutes! It was really cool - but man, the poor little guy kept getting squished LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yes. But I like them.
:

For some reason when I have them- I guess b/c the uterus is shrinking a bit- I feel like there's more room to breathe and my nausea lifts a little. Happened during my first pg too.
But they're not painful for me, just sort of a firm tightening. I wish I had them all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.