Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geeze that date is creeping closer. If this babe comes 2 weeks early like Sid did, I have 4 weeks.
And NO baby name! I have a few floating around in my head but I don't really feel attached to them at all. I just can't seem to find 2 good names I want to give this babe. I didn't have has much trouble naming Sidney.
Eeeeep!
Anyone else still have no idea what to name her babe?

~Daednu

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've had my little girl's name since I was 18 and listening to a radio program about the Bible on my way driving back to college. (It's a long story, Sara has evolved from Seraphim angels) But I have no just in case boy's name. You know gender is completely up to the male. Well, DH has not had a girl born into his family in over 40 years, and then it goes another 20 years until the next. I worry that the ultrasound is wrong and want to have a "just in case" boy's name, but for the life of me I can't think of the perfect one. For DS we actually decided on his name by looking through the phonebook. You'll come up with a name. I'm sure the perfect name will just suddenly be there in front of you, even if you don't find it until after the babe is born.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Lena, I have a friend named Seraphim. She usually goes by Sera. I think it's a beautiful name.

Oh, and Daednu, I always wanted to name a boy Sid, but that is the name given to every single dog on my father's side of the family. Sid I, Sid II, Sid III, you get the picture. No Sids for Dodo.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have no boys name! I've had a girl's name picked out since the very beginning. I just know that its the right name. But a boy's name...diddly squat! I'm working on a list to bring to the birthing center and if have a boy hopefully one of them will fit. However, Dh is convinced that we are having a girl so we don't need to worry about it!

Oh, I really like the name Seraphim! Thats lovely!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Dodo that's a hoot! NO SID'S FOR DODO!! ROFLOL

My grandfather's name was Sidney, and we seriously considered that name for our girl, but dh's best friend just announced that they are naming the girl of their twins Sydney
so I am not sure if we're still on that name.

The names we've tossed around are Indigo, Maeve, and Claire.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
This is too wild. I am mostly a lurker here, due 8/23. But my husband is set on naming our baby girl Seraphima (named after St. Seraphim). I thought the name may just be too weird, but now I see this discussion.. what do you all think of that name?

Mel

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes this is weird! Dh had a dream that he had a daughter named Sara. But dh doesn't spell, or even think about such things...and now my mom is saying we should name her Seraphim...I don't know what to say or do. Sara (or Seraphim!) is not a name I would have picked on my own, but I don't believe in arguing with dreams either. And in either case I don't have a middle name picked out. Of course, dd and ds both got their middle names when I was in labor! I think I have a middle name picked if this is a boy. Dh says that his name (we're sure we'll have another boy, even if it's not this one) is Will(iam) and I picked Nathaniel for the middle name, I think. I have a list of about 8 back-ups...Anyway, dd is sure we are having another dd and I am so conflicted on the Sara/Sera/Seraphim no middle name thing...

I never knew there was a St Seraphim? Any more details? We already have a Margaret and a Peter so another saint name would be pretty cool, even though we aren't catholic. Is Seraphim too far out there to go with Margaret (Meg), Peter, and Will(iam)?

Aaah! The agony of picking names!

Rochelle
Mommy to Meg 5/00, Peter 6/02, #3 due 8/04

·
Registered
649 Posts
I still plan to call my daughter Seraphina. Her legal name will just be Sara (for various reasons) I've never heard of St. Seraphim. Like I said, I got the name from the Bible. They are the angels of fire. In Isaiah's call-vision in the Temple, he sees Seraphim surrounding the throne of God, singing praise to God. I never would have thought someone else would name their daughter that. I have been in love with that name for my daughter for what seems like forever. I never would have considered any other name for her.

ETA: I did a search and can't find anything on a St. I found stuff about the angels and about some Japanese music group or called Seraphim.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dodo~ Well he's for sure not named after a dog. LOL

Girlfactory~ Actually, that's one of the big reasons why Sidney is named Sidney - DH's grandfather. Though I find in the US it really seems to be a female's name.

The funny thing is we had a boy name all picked out since everyone in the two families seems to have boys. Then we've been struggling to find a girl name ever since we found out we're happily blessed with a girl! The boy name we had picked out was Oliver Benedict G_______.

~Daednu

·
Registered
312 Posts
well, since you'd picked out oliver for a boy, why not olivia for a girl? that's what ian would/will be if he turns out to be a "she" lol...'course now that i say that, i've recently decided against that b/c i had a name that just "struck" me so to say - bethany...who knows, i just pray it's still a boy so i don't have to think about it all lol

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone says that to me. We just can't do it. Mostly because Oliver is the name for the boy who didn't come...so I don't want it to be a sloppy seconds kinda thing for my little girl. And I also don't like Oly for a girl and I know it would often get shortened to that.

~Daednu

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Well with my first i had his name picked out since i was 9 years old... he turned out to be a boy (we didn't know the sex until birth). Dh had a girls name picked incase he was a girl... so my second just go that name since she was a girl. Now we are clueless have no ideas at all. I love all kind of boys names but i'm clueless for girls names. I know for sure it's a girl had 4 u/s (one by a perinatoligist) so i just need to agree with dh on a girls name...

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
We've had a girl's name picked out since my m/c before Timmy...Grace Julianne. My sisters' names are Julie and Leanne, so that's for them, and we just really want to call a kid Gracie. It's not a popular name here either. So we've been waiting for her for close to 2 years! But if baby bean is a boy then we have trouble. Just like last time (but this time daddy can't say "Let's name him after me!"
: ). I *think* he'll be Lucas Everett, but he might be Everett something, and I'm still trying to talk DH into calling him Henry. I
that name.
I'm sure we'll pick a boy name at about 39 1/2 weeks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts