Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amicrazyyet
I like expensive clothes with a simplistic look. I can't stand cheap clothes that lose their color or stretch out of shape. So give me a high quality t-shirt with a pair of longies and I am good.

Amen to that. I really dislike "cheap" clothes that really aren't when you consider the shrinkage, fading, ill fit, and just plain poor construction. And cheaply made underwear???! I could care less about the name, but I do want really good fabrics and design. I also don't care for the tacky, busy designs that seem to be everywhere in the department and chain stores. I usually buy hanna andersson, land's end, and gymboree. Almost always on sale.

-Kimberly

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_McCormack
That's my trick too
I go to all the thrift shops in the upscale neighborhoods where people actually donate away their Hanna items :LOL
But....what else would I do with my hannas if I don't have another girl to hand them down to, or know someone who wants them? What other use am I missing out on?
: DH is totally opposed to having a garage sale, so all of our toys and clothes get donated.... Now diapers, diapers I hang onto. Probably forever....

-Kimberly

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jachut
I buy really expensive good quality clothes for Eliza but I take great care of them and usually get about 75% back on ebay when they're outgrown.
Ahhh, ebay. I guess I've heard so many horror stories about stalker buyers, people not paying, etc etc that it seems like a waste of time for the amount of money you'd get for used clothes. I suppose once you get in a groove it gets simpler though. Perhaps I have a new method of financing my lavish shopping habits..... :LOL

-Kimberly

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
No, we don't do expensive, trendy or "in" clothing here. My kids are not into "Keeping up with the Joneses." That is not where their focus should be.
For me, it's not really at all about appearance, and we probably ARE the Joneses, so I'm not trying to keep up with anyone. :LOL Our school requires uniforms, so they sure aren't wearing their hannas there! And, I can't imagine anyone eyeballing my baby in the grocery and trying to decide if that's the latest hanna line, or target clearance....
What we wear is not a matter of who we are trying to impress, it's just a matter of personal taste. The baby's polo shirts that I got from hanna are just so soft they are to die for. I'm sure that they are visually almost impossible to distinguish from a baby polo from target. But oh the feel.....not unlike diapers, the texture and wonderful fabrics make me happy.
And also like diapers, some of us like prefolds that keep getting handed down (me!) some of us like cashmere covers....It's all good.

-Kimberly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.