Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,040 Posts
Nope count me into the I love the gap and gymboree crowd........ I love for my kids to look good....... My 10 yr old wears what ever is the in thing..... with the exception to the low cut belly showing stuff..... nothing slutty for her........ And Ryan is always in nice cloths........ I buy good dipes for function and I buy good cloths because they wash well and resell nicely.........

edit to add I buy on sale alot...... Gap online has great sales as does the gymboree. why buy walmart when i can get gap for the same price.....

· Registered
4,040 Posts
I bought Ryans newborn layette all at the gap on a killer sale... then ebay'd it and got more then i paid for it...... i have been able to do that with a few dipes before.......I put a SP on ebay when they were super hard to get and i listed it for $1 and i made $30 on it........ i had no intention of making money on it but i did.......

· Registered
4,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2boys
I admit it I used to be really bad about what clothes my kids wore, I'm embarressed to say how much I've spent on an outfit. I've gotten a lot better. Now I barly have to buy clothes for my kids because my mom does it. She doesn't buy the big name brands but she does buy quality clothes that have lasted through 2 kids. We all have our vices for our kids some of us its toys others its diapers and others its clothes and if you're Christi its all three
(just teasing Christi you know I
you)

:LOL I know you are......... But yes I do like my kids in the brand name cloths and I do get Ryan alot of toys now granted 99% are wooden and well diapers well we just wont go there......... Erin has been to my house so she has seen my addictions....
:

· Registered
4,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflymom
While I agree with Stacey that we shouldn't pass judgment on other mamas for how they dress their babies and why (and I also agree that they don't need to explain their reasons or if they buy on sale or resale on ebay or whatever), I resent comments like this that implies that if I don't get trendy name brand clothes for my child, I don't love for him to look good. I'm sorry but I am also
crazy bonkers insanely addicted to getting cute things to put on my cute child, but I don't get the need for brand names in that. I'm such a wool hyena, I guess, that I am really just thrilled with how adorable wool knit pants (or a soaker, soaker shorts, whatever) and a plain matching t-shirt (quality! of course not one that fades or gets disformed in the wash) looks.

Ok well i am sorry you took my comment the wrong way....... You like how your DS looks in your "hyena" wool whatever and I love how my kids look in there cloths.... My daughter is getting ready to start school again and I buy her the "in"cloth (now I am not talking about the slutty brittnay spears stuff) as kids are cruel these days and I would rather not have her picked on because she is not dressed well. I also feel that It makes her feel good to know she looks nice. Just like It make me feel good to see a good well made diaper on ryans bum.... I buy the name brand cloths for the quality they wash and REsell very well....I just got my first pair of wool shorts and now I am off to find a nice plain but good shirt to match....... as I too think this will look way cute on him. Oh and I am glad there are other mamas here who "think" just like you but as you see there are alot of mamas who "think" like me..... Do remember my DH is in the military so I am shopping out of season on sale and with gymbucks....... I never implied that if you dont by gymbo gap or hanna you love for them to look good.... I could have turned your hyena wool comment in to the same thing. if I dont buy hyena wool i dont love for him to look good......... ok off my soap box now and off to get my son a banana.... I typed this with a 2yr old on my lap helping so keep that in mind...

· Registered
4,040 Posts
Well when you are 10 that is the way things are seen........ Brand name equals nice looking.......... so that is what i am saying as for my dd...... I agree with stacy to... i can buy the brand and still have her wear the right thing for school and still look like a 10 year old not a slut box...........Just remember you are the one who started this thread....... We were all happy diapering mama's and now I feel like I have to defend why i spend money on my kids cloths.......... ok i am done and wont be back to even read this thread.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.