Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 118 Posts

· Registered
1,558 Posts
You guys start the best threads lately!!

I love to buy ds expensive clothing!! I love getting him super cool shoes too!! I beam when someone makes a nice comment about his shoes!! I shop on ebay and go to the outlet store. I live near a Mexx outlet!

I also like a plain tshirt with his wool diaper covers so I can show off. Don't you just love summer?

I am planning his fall wardrobe. It will be wool pants and with plain long sleeve shirts. I would love to do wool shirts as well! I hope to find someone to knit him some matching wool vests/hats!!

· Banned
1,980 Posts
You know....I like it both ways....there are days I like her dressed plainly and days I like them dressed up in the name brand. I never buy something with the logo right over the front. Always subtle, and non-flashy though...usually....
Church dresses are a different story...I really like clothing though and matching diapers to clothing. I like to look for decent prices though on stuff that they grow out of fast anyhow. I guess I have always had a love of clothing and putting things together etc. It's fun to do. I like the nicer clothes because they can be used on future children and still look good.

Old Navy kills me too with OLD NAVY plastered all over it. Gap sometime does it too, but not as much as ON. I like Hanna for matching and coordinating things. DH hates when I make him match us, he says we look geeky. LOL.

Summie the geek.

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_McCormack
That's my trick too
I go to all the thrift shops in the upscale neighborhoods where people actually donate away their Hanna items :LOL
But....what else would I do with my hannas if I don't have another girl to hand them down to, or know someone who wants them? What other use am I missing out on?
: DH is totally opposed to having a garage sale, so all of our toys and clothes get donated.... Now diapers, diapers I hang onto. Probably forever....

-Kimberly

· Registered
3,217 Posts
Prior to get addicted to CDs and all that that implies, I was a huge fan of designer/botique childrens clothing. Now... none of it fits over her diaper

On the upside... those outfits sell for around 50 bucks a piece on e-bay, so I'm able to buy more wool!

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I buy really expensive good quality clothes for Eliza but I take great care of them and usually get about 75% back on ebay when they're outgrown. Cheap clothes are a waste of time and money, you only end up throwing them out and rebuying.

I've found by recycling her stuff through ebay, it costs me very little to dress her and I dont have to wait for a sale (but I do buy in sales).

I also dont like taking her out without pants on, I'm not into showing off her cd's and I dont like soakers, so the diapers are for my enjoyment only.

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jachut
I buy really expensive good quality clothes for Eliza but I take great care of them and usually get about 75% back on ebay when they're outgrown.
Ahhh, ebay. I guess I've heard so many horror stories about stalker buyers, people not paying, etc etc that it seems like a waste of time for the amount of money you'd get for used clothes. I suppose once you get in a groove it gets simpler though. Perhaps I have a new method of financing my lavish shopping habits..... :LOL

-Kimberly

· Registered
4,040 Posts
I bought Ryans newborn layette all at the gap on a killer sale... then ebay'd it and got more then i paid for it...... i have been able to do that with a few dipes before.......I put a SP on ebay when they were super hard to get and i listed it for $1 and i made $30 on it........ i had no intention of making money on it but i did.......

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Well, I too admit that I buy mine expensive clothes, for the most part.
I buy a lot of European brands like Oilily, catimini, etc, and I justify this since their resale value on eBay is so high! I almost always make about 1/2 to 2/3 of my money back on them when I re-sell them. Occasionally if I get a good piece that is sought after, it will sell used for what I paid for it, or higher.
I do, however, get lots of basic pieces at Target or Gap clearance (like black leggings, white t-shirts, and the like), and since I do lots of thrift shopping, I find lots of the expensive brands at the thrifts, too. I can sniff them out, I swear!
So I kind of mix it up and balance things out.

· Registered
292 Posts
today's dress. She picked out all the fabric herself. That is half the fun of it though, because she comes up with some really wacky stuff sometimes. A few weeks ago it was orange hawiian flowers with a v-strap, smocking and to the ankles. She was quite the sight running around the playground in that.

· Registered
292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
All of his clothes are all my dyeing and painting mess ups.Most the time he doesn't even where anything but a diaper.
I feel this way about Jack diapers. He gets nothing but seconds and screwups. I have felt so guilty that I have tried to go buy him more lately. BTW. my kids will take your screw up anyday. My daughter and son love their comfy pretty painted clothes.

· Registered
993 Posts
while I really like (ok, LOVE) the pricey stuff (Chicken Noodle, Marsha etc) the bulk of his clothing is the basics-tank tops and camp shirts, t's and shorts etc-most of which I get from a local mothers resale shop-I find Chicken Noodle and other good quality boutique stuff (usually girl stuff though) there-and lots and lots of Gymboree and Gap!
So, he has a couple of killer boutique outfits, and lots of good name brand basics-and a few of the cuter cheapo sets.........and, he usually runs around naked.
Lately, I have been on a "wahm" only clothing bender, I like knowing that what little money I have to spend is going toward helping another mama out.

Shan

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
Now I am feeling guilty.My son does not have any nice clothes
All of his clothes are all my dyeing and painting mess ups.Most the time he doesn't even wear anything but a diaper.
Awww.... don't feel guilty!!!

That is so sweet to dress your child in something you made!!! THe kids are not missing out anyways. The buying is just for my fun!!

· Registered
3,651 Posts
I don't spend much on my kids' clothes. They get a lot of nice things for gifts (I consider Osh Kosh and Carters stuff nice), but the stuff I buy them is usually from Target or wherever and I try and get used clothes off swap boards. Every once in a while I buy them WAHM clothes, but I am def not a name-brand kind of gal. Heck, I don't even know who or what Chicken Noodle is.

· Registered
4,577 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piffle
Awww.... don't feel guilty!!!

That is so sweet to dress your child in something you made!!! THe kids are not missing out anyways. The buying is just for my fun!!

Thanks

Maybe when ds is out of diapers I'll move on to a clothes addiction

21 - 40 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.