Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my first pregnancy I was up at least once a night to go to the bathroom. This time I haven't done that once. Anyone else not getting up in the middle of the night? Maybe it is the way the baby is positioned this time?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I don't have to pee until I get up in the morning. No middle of the night trips for me this time either!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Wow! I'm so jealous of you guys. I have to get up at least twice a night. It has slowed down though, real early on I was sometimes getting up 5 times a night! It was insane. I wish I had a bladder of steel. Personally, I think my baby is a little jokester who kicks my bladder for laughs!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Never in my life before I got pg would I ever have to pee in the middle of the night. Since I got pg, it's been AT LEAST once, and more often of late, twice or more. Combined with insomnia, I guess I'm getting a taste of sleep deprivation before the babe even comes! Joy!

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Man, I'm jealouS! I've been getting up at least 2-3 times a night to pee. I had one night last week where I slept through the entire night, and I called my mom to report it, it was such big news! (A small miracle considering the urination issue and the fact that we're cosleeping with a 20 month old!)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Even if I have to pee, I usually won't get up and go unles its direly urgent. Its far too much effort for me to hoist my mass out of bed just to trickle some pee.

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Tara, I am the same way. However, my capacity for holding it has greatly diminished. I will think if I don't go pee RIGHT now, I will soak the bed, only to work to squeeze a trickle (TMI!!!). Wow, I guess we are in the third trimester, huh??

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Me too, Emily and Persephone. I am starting to get up feeling like I have to pee like crazy and have the smallest amount come out. It's so hard. I remember after I gave birth last time being absolutely amazed at how much pee my bladder would hold after being pregnant for so long. Pee would just keep coming and coming. LOL. It was really surprsing!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've been MIA for a while...but I just wanted to chime in here that if you find you're not peeing in the night...though it may be perfectly normal for you...just be a bit cautious and watch for fluid retention...I thought I was so lucky that I didn't have to run to the bathroom every 10min with my first...but I ended up with severe edema (but no high BP) in my 3rd trimester...I would much perfer getting up several times a night...anyway, it's just something to be aware of and watch for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.