Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am only 23 weeks, my pelvis is SORE. I mean, BAD. My lower back and hips ache too, but my pelvis, I cannot stand or walk very long anymore, rolling over in bed is horrifying. I remember this at like 34 weeks with Abrielle, but not now.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yep, and i have been for 3 or so weeks, and its gonna get worse. my pain is mainly in my hips, specificaly my left one. its so bad i can hardly stand for more then 15-20 mins, i cant bend to reach the dryer(yey for 6 4 and 3 yr old who LIKE loading the dryer/washer) when ever i go out for more than 30 mins i end up in pain. if i sit in hte same position for too long(im talking 5/10 mins) my butt goes numb and my hips start to hurt. im pretty glad that in bed, once im comfortible and i go to sleep i pretty much stay in teh same position. and i have found that DD2 is a good bump prop, some nights she still wakes 2 times to nurse/hug and i ended up unconciously resting my bump on her legs.

im gonna see about some sort of support belt/thing when i next see my MW. another 20 weeks of this is not going to be fun, i need to get more active that i have been.

Kiz

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to do 25 minutes on the treadmill at the gym once a day. it's getting harder and harder. This started more after I had to move last weekend.

My left hip/leg is acting up more than ever (sciatica) I'm thinking about a chiropractor.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm a physical therapist, Mamas - and seriously - go see someone if you can! Usually a manual physical therapist or D.O. (osteopath) can help to get things aligned again for you. In most cases, there is something I can do as a PT to help things not feel so sore. Don't suffer in silence! Go see someone!! Just let them know you're pregnant and if you prefer more gentle techniques and they should be able to tell you over the phone if they can help you or not...

ok. off my soapbox.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing! I was so sore with my third. I seriously wanted to die. My midwife finally got me in to see a chiropractor at 37 weeks to help with the heartburn and holy cow, I could walk again! it was wonderful. It also got rid of my heartburn. Well, mostly. I just couldn't eat after 8:00, but that was much better than having it really bad if I ate after 5:30! It was nuts, and I stay up until 11:00 most nights.
I've also been seeing her throughout this pregnancy and I am not nearly as sore as I was last time.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You can always try to find someone who will work with you on the financial front. My chiro works with me. She also charges the insurance who doesn't pay anything, but it's going to my deductible. Just a thought.

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
You can always try to find someone who will work with you on the financial front. My chiro works with me. She also charges the insurance who doesn't pay anything, but it's going to my deductible. Just a thought.
Nope. It doesn't work that way. For one thing, I have Kaiser insurance and my chiro doesn't accept it. The only one who does that I know of only does extremity work (arms, legs, feet).

I've never found a chiro who will work with me and take small payments or something. They all wanted their fees up front. The only way I got any discount was through a package deal where I paid for a month at a time. When I say no extra money, I mean, NO EXTRA MONEY. NOTHING. Pretty much all our extra money is going to the homebirth. I knew it would be like this, just a sacrifice I had to make.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
ok, so you need to drive out here once a week
It's not too far away
Ok, not really cost effective. You'll just have to find a pool to live in for the rest of the pregnancy.
I'm sorry no one will work with you. That's just ridiculous!

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
ok, so you need to drive out here once a week
It's not too far away
Ok, not really cost effective. You'll just have to find a pool to live in for the rest of the pregnancy.
I'm sorry no one will work with you. That's just ridiculous!
I think SLC would be quite a trek

If it wasn't raining I would so be going swimming today. Although our pool isn't heated and I probably wouldn't want to go until summer is in full swing. We do have a hot tub though, hmm. Maybe I'll just settle for a warm bath.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ok - I'm going to mention some TMI since we're talking about being sore
... My butt hurts - and I don't mean my cheeks or my muscle, I mean my anus. It feels like a lot of pressure - a LOT - and I'm assuming it's a hemorroids and constipation combo.

And my crotch feels like it's going to fall down to my knees.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
YES! I have all sorts of random aches and pains
I think doing some walking might alleviate some of my tense areas, but the allergens are so high that I don't want spend any time outside. I'm already having big sinus problems staying inside.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
There is some great info about Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction here. It's no fun, but there are some things you can try at home (maternity splint, pressure points, herbal and homeopathic treatments) as well as professional treatments (like chiro, acupuncture, PT).

And the site discusses ways to relieve the pain as well (exercise, positioning, birth ideas). I know a few mamas who have been on bedrest as a result of this condition... hopefully we'll all avoid that!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I am heading to a chiropractor as soon as I can get it together. I don't really have the money . . . but I don't have the money to be non-functional for the next 4.5 months, either. I work PT and am with my kids PT while DH works and I just can't not be able to move - which on bad days, is how I feel by the end of the day.

I am to the point where I was at the VERY end of my previous pg so I'm assuming that if I don't do something about this, it is likely to get worse. And I need not to go there.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GenomicsGirl View Post

And my crotch feels like it's going to fall down to my knees.
I TOTALLY get this feeling sometimes, too. The other day after dtd, I kept crossing my legs when I was standing up. I felt like I had to make sure my yoni didn't fall out of my body. What's up with that?!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About vaginas falling.. Yeah I KNOW I have some prolapse going on in there. My mom just had hers corrected and it is genetic. Plus my vulva is swollen and sex is not fun anymore. My cervix and vagina are just so SORE...

As for my bum, I am constipated, tailbone kills, no hemmorhoids as of yet.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
My hips feel like they are on fire at night and when I wake up I feel like the tin man for the first hour. I've really been paying attention to my posture and how I sit and it has been helping. I need to get myself to the chiro soon too! It helped so much with my last pregnancy.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My trips to the chiro have kept most of the leg, hip, pelvic, back pain away pretty well this time. I was miserable with my last two. I am having some pain in my vulva though. It's hard to not walk around pressing on it to relive the pain. LOL I have no idea what to do about it though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.