Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 7 weeks today, and most of the time I don't feel pregnant at all. My "symptoms" so far:

* boobs are a bit sore and feel a bit heavier (not all the time, just when I check)
* no nausea, though my stomach is definitely a little more sensitive ( I can't eat as much in one sitting as I normally do, and some foods sound gross that didn't used to)
* a little more tired after lunch than usual, though this may be from lack of caffeine
* I was very thirsty around 4-5 weeks, but not so much anymore
* no period, no spotting

I think if I was one of those women who had irregular periods or didn't pay any attention to my body, I still wouldn't know. On one hand, I feel like I should be grateful and try to enjoy this because it could all change pretty quickly. On the other hand, my mind keeps wandering to other reasons that I may not have many symptoms. This is starting to interfere with my "relax and don't worry unless there's a reason to" philosophy!

Anyone else experiencing few to no symptoms?

· Registered
1,853 Posts
I was feeling the same way. I am still BF DD, but really all I feel is occasional nipple discomfort and sometimes shooting pains, but not that often.

I am hungry frequently, but didn't not have any nausea. Although over the past 24 hours that has started to kick in.

I am super tired at about 8pm, but I don't have fatigue during the day.

I also could have totally missed that I am pregnant up until today. I think I am 8 weeks now.

· Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I am 6w3d and having very few noticable symptoms. The ones I do have come and go enough to make me doubt whether I ever had them at all once they're gone.

I do have the heightened sense of smell, waves of nausea, extreme fatigue, aches and pains, and crankiness/mood swings, but feel like they were more constant and noticable at this stage with DS than they are now.

This pg is feeling more like my last one that ended in m/c where the symptoms were subtle at first then pretty much went away completely. I'm praying to start puking in the next week since I never threw up last pg and I start throwing up at 7 weeks with DS. The only thing keeping me hopeful is that I'm not spotting or bleeding and I started spotting at 7 weeks last time, even though I was taking progesterone (NPC), which I am not on this time.

· Registered
257 Posts
Pretty much this exactly. It's driving me a little crazy. I'm having a really hard time committing emotionally to something I can't feel.

I don't have any more symptoms than I did at 4 weeks. I'm 7 weeks today. I'm hoping *so hard* this is all normal and okay, but having a really hard time believing that. My first prenatal visit isn't until 2/25, which seems like it might be forever.

· Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to know I'm not alone at least.

My first appt. is on March 11. As of now I'm still planning to refuse all ultrasounds and doppler, so I don't know that it will provide much reassurance. I may just wait to tell people until I can feel kicks.

· Registered
514 Posts
My most noticeable symptom - BY FAR - is nipple pain with nursing.

I had a few days of waves of nausea, and exercise was bringing it on for a couple days, but yesterday I ran and felt friggin' fantastic and was able to lift and still felt great.

I get random but subtle cramping, have to pee once an hour, and I'm really..um...regular. Other than that and feeling drained (which could be my husband's 7 day work week, leaving me with a curious toddler who keeps me on my toes!), I feel fine.

Last pregnancy I was a little more nauseous and I was so bloated that I wore maternity/elastic waist-banded pants by 8 weeks. This time I still fit all my pants comfortably (I'm just beyond 7 weeks). Last time I was also unbelievably constipated (perhaps that's why I was so bloated), but this time it's a bit of the opposite.

Anyway, yeah, not really feeling it yet, either :)

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I'm 6w5d and my symptoms are subtle but present.

I could eat all the meat, especially beef and chicken in the world. I have no desire for pork, but I don't eat pork often.

I could eat a million eggs and drink a whole cow worth of milk. But I have no desire for coffee, tea, chocolate or most sweets.

I'm nauseated, but only if I get REALLY hungry and don't pay attention to my body's cues to eat.

I could nap anywhere, anytime, and still get a full night's sleep, except that if I get woken up after midnight, I tend to be awake and alert for an hour or two - NOT normal for me.

And subtle cramps persist, certain food aversions, but really...if I didn't know I was pregnant, I don't think I would notice this stuff, and it's heightened because I'm on progesterone.

Like the OP, I'm so glad that I can eat, that most things taste good, and that I'm having an easy ride (so far..).

I do have that nagging little voice telling me that maybe something is wrong, but I'm trying to shut it out and comforting myself with the fact that my friend whose baby was born perfectly healthy and calmly and happily at home on the day of my egg retrieval, my lucky baby, didn't make her sick or give her a hard time during the first trimester. Overall, she had an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

· Registered
62 Posts
Not many symptoms here. Just bloating. A bit of nipple pain when nursing but other than the fact I can't sit in even my "fat jeans" without undoing them, not much else going on here. No sickness (nothing other 3 pregnancies either) no cravings or aversions. I'mnot really worried. Crosses my mind sometimes but I just consider myself lucky.

· Registered
2,896 Posts
With my first, I didn't find out until I was about 8-10 weeks along. I had very irregular periods, and I would get really discouraged with each negative test, so I waited a really long time before finally testing.

· Registered
981 Posts
If I didn't know when my period was due...I probably wouldn't know I was pregnant. (BTW I'm only like 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant)

Changes:

*Slightly sore nipples while nursing DD
*Have to pee a heck of a lot more than normal (also could be due to me drinking a lot more now that I know)
*Thirst. I seem a lot thirstier lately.
*Slight cramps here and there
*I seem to be "going" a lot more...like 2-3 times a day as opposed to once.

That's about it so far!!! I didn't feel any m/s with DD1 until around like 8 weeks..then it hit like a freakin ton of bricks and I was puking my guts out daily...
Let's hope the m/s stays away this time!!! (I ended up losing 14 lbs while pregnant with DD). I really would not like to lose any weight this time....

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Same here. Very subtle symptoms or none at all especially in the mornings. Some subtle cramping in the afternoon and sore breasts.
This pregnancy is so far quite different from my first pregnancy so I am hoping that all is all right.
Glad to hear that I am not alone.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
4w3d here, and not too many symptoms. Pretty thirsty, and annoying headaches almost every day, along with being exhausted during the day...but that is about it. Moody, maybe, and sometimes very mild cramps, but all of this I would never attribute to pregnancy if I didn't know it. I almost wish I didn't find out at 6 DPO because it is so long to wait! Finding out at 8 or 10 weeks would make that 2nd tri come much quicker!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.