Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oy. I just need to know there's someone else out there whose second baby didn't turn out to be a Buddha baby . . . I thought ds1 was hard and so I was DUE for one of those so-called "easy" babies. Apparently those are not in our gene pool.

My little guy is SO cute and smiles with his WHOLE body . . . he coos and sings and talks and flirts . . . but if I don't get my shirt up fast enough, he goes BALLISTIC. If his head flops over, he gets HYSTERICAL. And in order to sleep each night, he must turn into a SCREAMING MIMI for a while! We are pretty much trapped here at home after 2 PM -- I can't believe he even cries in the sling in the beautiful outdoors when it's 70 degrees in winter! With my 1st fussy babe, all I had to do was step on the front porch to calm him. This little guy lets ALL the neighbors know we're coming!

I am SO surprised, bc honestly I think I thought the second HAD to be easier bc you just didn't have the resources for dealing with the water works. THIS IS SO HARD.

Please tell me I'm not alone. (And PLEASE remind me that he will not always scream for unexplained reasons!!!!)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hang in there it will get better. Then only really calm baby I had was my ds. Both my twins had colic in the beginning and screaming for HOURS every night. Really tough with older ones who needed me also. But it's got WAY better as they've gotton older. One thing that helped them also was zantac for reflux - but even with that - they still were pretty colicy in the beginning. I've found though with my older ones that the more difficult babies seem to be the easiest when they get older. My ds was the text book "easy/content" baby but ages 2-4 have been really rough - where my very colicky first born just got EASY starting around age 2. So it will not always be like this. I know I thought with my first who also cried all the time - that it WAS just me - now after 5 babies - I know a LOT of it is the baby.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow you sound like an experienced mamma. Have you read the book "happiest baby on the block"?? Try jiggling the little tyke instead of rocking. I learned all kinds of techniques in that book on how to soothe a little fuss butt. :LOL

·
Registered
556 Posts
i'm right there with you. after hellion dd I thought i deserved a little angel... think again! he's the cutest thing since sliced bread, but he's been screaming since a few weeks old... thank goddess they are both fairly good nighttime sleepers or i'd be completely ruined. this will not last forever... and when they are 17 and don't come home til 3am we'll be wishing for an easy weekend of colicky crying. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.