Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not had an... attack as I call them... constipation turning into several days of diarrhea... in almost a year. But yesterday the diarrhea started after almost two full weeks of constipation.

I hurt so bad
I thought I had my IBS under control with diet (cut out pop and milk completely, drank more water and ate more fiber) but the pregnancy seems to have other ideas...

(my last attack actually... I drank a bottle of pepsi to get rid of the constipation. Oddly, it worked like a charm and I was in the bathroom in an hour clearing out what had backed up. this has only cemented even further just how horrible pop is for my system and how much harder I had to work at avoiding the constipation as well)

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant cut it out completely though. and outside of pregnancy my current diet was working fine so I think the hormones are ramping it up again

· Registered
397 Posts
Mine has flared up and I hadn't had an "attack" since before the birth of my oldest, who is 5 1/2. At first, I thought I must have some sort of virus, but I am still dealing with the symptoms after four weeks. Its going to be a long haul...

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hopefully I can keep it in check through our wedding and our move from Illinois to NC... anytime Im not travelling around Ill be fine but travel with an attack is hell. I had one while driving from cali to wisconsin after DF graduated MOS training for this enlistment... we had to make several unplanned stops for my sake
(that was the last time I had a rootbeer hoping for THAT to clear me out. took 15 hours. im sticking with pepsi)

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
last night I spent quite a while stuck on the toilet with a puke bucket in my lap. I couldn't get off the toilet because of the worst diarrhea I have had as long as I have lived in this house... yet I was so sick (and ugh the smell made it worse!)

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
last night I spent quite a while stuck on the toilet with a puke bucket in my lap. I couldn't get off the toilet because of the worst diarrhea I have had as long as I have lived in this house... yet I was so sick (and ugh the smell made it worse!)
Oh I know that feeling and it gives me nightmares! It happened to me once when I had food poisoning.

Are you better today I hope?

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bottoms doing better (I dont think theres anything left in there to come out) but the tops still sick

yaaaaaaay morning sickness

at least I dont have to worry about the progesterone levels when I feel like this!

· Registered
162 Posts
I've had IBS for years and hadn't had an episode for almost 4 years now and I really thought I had it all under control until I got my BFP! Then it just all came back. I'm totally right there with ya and it does suck. I've been taking probiotics and that has helped me a lot.

Hang in there!!

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive been on probiotics because i was put on flagyl for BV and wanted to promote the good bacteria growing back...

man I will say getting rid of the BV has made a world of difference for my comfort levels though!

and I just weighed myself lol... Ive lost 5 pounds since yesterday... wow. I knew I was backed up but that is RIDICULOUS!!!

· Registered
9,952 Posts
I've had very bad IBS for almost 20 years. Probiotics have worked the best for me. I've gone through different elimination diet phases.... but honestly, for steadily making a difference, probiotics have been key. (I also keep a bottle of Immodium in my purse just in case.)

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.