Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck in a rut when it comes to food. Dh and dd usually go out after breakfast leaving me alone for lunch and supper. I've been having the same thing for supper for the last week. Bulgar with marinated then stir fried mushrooms and baby corn. If I'm feeling feisty I'll cut up some sun dried tomato to stir in. I still like this dish so I could be eating it for the next month for supper. It's so hot and humid here that cooking is the last thing on my mind.

I'm also completely unable to eat beef....very iffy on the rest of meat & fish.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only one stuck?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I am stuck as far as what I want to eat. All my food cravings are gone, but I am suddenly more hungry. So I spend way too much time staring at the refrigerator waiting for something to look good to me. I am also paranoid about my protein counts. So I eat a lot of black beans stirred into rice. (I am vegetarian and don't eat meat or eggs)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've decided to get some protein powder and start making protein shakes. I'm really worried about my protein intake-I have a feeling I'm very low. Since I plan on adding it to my diet instead of replacing meals I've been told it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:
I've decided to get some protein powder and start making protein shakes. I'm really worried about my protein intake-I have a feeling I'm very low. Since I plan on adding it to my diet instead of replacing meals I've been told it shouldn't be a problem.
I have a TON of that stuff from before I got pg--I quit drinking it because I thought somehow it wasn't good for me ... but as an added thing it's fine? The stuff I have is whey protein, 20g of protein and only 1g of sugar per serving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes - Although I do have cravings for some foods - I am finding most foods pretty boring and makes me tired of eating. Of course, I eat when I'm hungry and like you working on getting some protein in. Some ideas to try - maybe make something in the crock pot - that always smells so good cooking. Soup or a casserole.

Cereal - although not a protein item - seems to satisfy me alot as well.

Crackers and Cheese is a good snack or another snack I've been having have been raisins and almonds. Both seem to satisfy my hunger and are healthy.

Buttered noodles with garlic salt is tasty as well.

Good Luck with finding something appetizing!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I seem to be spending quite a lot of time staring at the fridge in the evenings - I can eat well during the day, but by suppertime I'm so pooped that I just don't have an appetite any more

I've noticed that if I don't eat enough protein I get a raging headache, so that's enough incentive for me to try and get creative...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
*raises hand*

And it's so silly, really. I think I'm just tired, so I don't want to put in the minimal effort to cook something different. I mean, how lazy do you have to be to scramble an egg? But I'll still default to cereal almost every morning.

I've been doing sandwiches for lunch almost every day, too. Peanut butter, lunch meat (where the meat gets heated to steaming first - which makes most meats gross in my opinion), or now that we're getting tomatoes in the garden... BLTs.

Dinner - whatever my husband feels like making. We used to trade off cooking nights - we both REALLY like to cook. But I just don't have it in me lately, and the 100+ (107 today) temps and high humidity sap everything out of me... even if I just stay inside.

I'm excited, though. We made homemade pizzas today... 6 of them. So we have pizza cut up and ready to be bagged and fridged/frozen for quite awhile. And the ones that I will eat are mostly pretty healthy with lots of veggies and some meat (chicken and one with *really* salty anchovies... that didn't turn out that great). But, it's better than pretzles and cream cheese... or pancakes which I defaulted to last night.

I've been triyng to be good about fruits and veggies at least - and I'll say that having my son around helps with that a lot because I want to model healthy choices for him and he loves that stuff. So I guess my diet could be a lot worse - it's definitely not as varried and yummy as during his pregnancy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts