Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently 30 weeks exactly and suffering from what appears to be IU. My braxton hicks began on time at 25 weeks but they have only been getting more awful since. I went into the dr at this time and she suggest it was due to baby being head up...baby flipped a week or two after which helped some but still very week is worse. Everything makes me contract! Hydrating, dehydration, peeing, not peeing, bending, turning, MOVING! Walking eventually leads to low back pain and back to back contractions (I could swear I was in labor), squatting or sitting Indian style gives me vaginal cramps. I am quite fed up and the only advice given by my doctor was to "rest". So I dont know if that was the usual cliche "oh rest dear pregnant lady" or actually rest:serious: (BTW IU is my google diagnosis not the drs) She did test me for infection per my request, clear.

This is baby #2 to be fair. With #1 I experienced preterm labor beginning at 27weeks due to an assumed silent bacterial infection OR incompetent cervix. Either way, I was given progesterone, vaginal antibiotics, and bed rest. I carried to 37 weeks.

I guess I am just looking for support or something :frown: I dont actually know considering Ive read IU is just something to suffer through :crying:

Im also feeling I should begin washing babies things as I feel I will have #2 early. Anyone else have and early baby due to IU

I did find this helpful: Things that help my Irritable Uterus. http://community.babycenter.com/post/a39250447/things_that_help_my_irritable_uterus.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add, I always have a lot of discharge during pregnancy. But it has increased in the last week. I have to change a few times a day and Im sure its not pee. But its surely not mucus, more water-downed lotion like or just plain water.
Ive always been the type to need to pee often pregnant or not but now its like I am peeing every 10 minutes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You could have these for a while. I know I had Braxton Hicks for like, two months before I gave birth. It was exhausting. I went into labor tired from having contractions every few minutes for weeks. Or you could experience preterm labor again. To be honest, I think you should reevaluate your OB. Maybe have another talk and make clear your concerns. If she isn't listening, can you see someone else? I talked to my new OB about how difficult the last few weeks were in my previous pregnancies, and he totally believed me and said that there is medication available to calm down your uterus. FYI. Wish I had known that before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I literally just posted about this in hopes of getting some replies! I am 29 weeks and have had braxton hicks since week 25. They started out infrequent and subtle and now are up to 20 times per hour for at least an hour every night and will get them here and there throughout the day. It's so uncomfortable and exhausting! Of course I am worried about preterm labor and delivering early. I drink so much water and supplement my diet with potassium and magnesium and nothing works! But like you said, almost everything I do seems to cause them! Peeing, not peeing, exercising, resting, picking things up, sitting in certain positions. Ugh, even though I can't give you advice, I definitely feel your pain!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ladies,
Go to Wish Garden website. Their Welcome Womb tonic calms the irritable uterus. Go to gentle birth.org. In the search engine at bottom of the page type in "annoying Braxton-hicks or toning contractions" . Lots of suggestions there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts