Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else super busy?

452 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  pixiekisses 
#1 ·
We have beyond a full plate right now! We are thrilled but I am feeling a bit shocked by it all right now. As far as timing and pregnancy we had agreed we would wait to try until the fall but didn't realize I was already pregnant!
We have 4 kids (age 3-almost 8) and are building a cob home! Our foundation is going in starting Monday and we will be starting to cob by mid-late May! This little babe will be incentive for us to get it built this summer
I am just hoping my energy level stays up! I think time is going to fly by since we are so so busy.. Anyone else busy busy ?

See less See more
#2 ·
With my last pregnancy, we found out the same day as the positive test that we'd be moving to a farm house. It was in pretty rough shape, so I went from positive test to cleaning, painting, packing, unpacking, and all that goes into fixing up an old place. Not to mention building up a chicken flock, planting a big veggie garden, and training a new pup. All the while there was a 2 year old boy, and a 3 year old boy to keep track of.

This time it's not so bad. I've still got a big flock of chickens, ducks, a huge garden and three little boys, but it's all normal stuff.

#3 ·
With DD#1, I was starting my first year as a school administrator and finishing my admin credential in an intense program. It was nuts! I have a different job now, with big demands but more flexible hours. So far so good but this is the slow season. It will pick up in a few weeks. I like it that way, I don't dwell on the uncomfortable aspects of pregnancy, so I don't complain much either.

#5 ·
Well, I don't feel all that busy now, when I compare it to building a house, lol.

We're trying to wrap up our homeschool year. Being in PA, I "only" have to schedule an evaluation and put together a portfolio for one child, but I also have to have next year's paperwork for 2 children filed by July, and figure out how I'm going to schedule our school year (for 3 children) around a December delivery.

I'm also potty training one child, and juggling baseball 5-6x/wk. As well as volunteering in my civic association and volunteering for a non-profit parenting organization. And recovering from a broken foot and sprained ankle, getting ready for physical therapy. Finally off crutches!

But all I want to do is take a nap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.