Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like this moisturizer, as well as the moisturizer with spf. It's not super light, but not greasy. Anyway it syas it's "free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, and formaldehyde" which sounds pretty good, but I can't find it rated on the skin deep ewg site, and was suprised that some of my other dermo-recommended faves (like Lubriderm) didn't fare so well on there. So I wanted to be sure about this. I can't find anything online about it except that it's good for eczema and people with allergies.
Any other ingredients typical of lotions that I should check the list for? Anyone used it long term?
tia.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I used to use the sunblock (the lower rated one) with no chemical sunscreens, but then Psico reformulated and added a preservative that I'm allergic to. I was bummed. They didn't care. Oh, well.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
My oldest has eczema, and it's the only sunscreen I use on him. He could never tolerate Lubriderm or any other supposedly hypoallergenic lotion.

For plain old moisturizing, we've recently switched him to a blend of shea butter and almond oil with good results.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden View Post
can you buy vanicream in a store?
Some pharmacies stock it behind the counter (it doesn't require a prescription).

I buy it from National Allergy . . . or I did, back when Psico didn't use skin-festering ingredients.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We use Vanicream all the time on our eczema, and it works great. I have recently purchased the spf 60 sunscreen for my dd (who has a photosensitivity)and it worked well today. However, the lotion is petroleum based, and I am going to try something more natural for our skin.

Oh, and I get mine at Wal-Mart. Lots of places carry it in the pharmacy section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.