Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>
I have a 22 month old ds who recently started to fake getting hurt. Yep. He will be running around and fake trip and fall down. Then he starts to fake cry for a couple seconds and then he starts cracking up like he told a funny joke. And yeah its fake....he will sometimes stop and toss himself on the ground. He also knocked on the sliding glass door with his fist and then held his head in his hand like he hit it instead. I think he does it for a laugh. Anyone else have a kid that did this?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yup - my 17 mo started fake falling last week and he does it all the time now. If he thinks no one's looking he just sits down and fake cries holding his arms up. If we're watching he fakes tripping or stumbling, it's really funny. He doesn't crack up like yours does but we sure do! Thankfully he is a very content little guy and not needy for attention, he moves on quickly when we don't give in. I think he's just figuring out this particular cause/effect and testing us.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My little 22 mo just started to fake not being able to reach something.<br><br>
She will be sitting right next to a book and weakly reach at it, and in a pathetic voice say, "Mama, I can't reach it."<br><br>
A book was up on a shelf that she has gotten books from thousands of times, and she came up to me and said, "Mama, da book is up on da shelf. I can't reach it."<br><br>
I just stare at her quizically. She smirks and gets the book. funny girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts