Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is almost 4 months old and is super super stuffy. He doesn't have a fever or anything but he's so stuffed up that he isn't sleeping well and is uncomfortable when nursing or using his pacifier. Any ideas on what I can do to make him more comfortable?
: It doesn't help that I'm battling a cold myself, hopefully I don't make him sicker... if that's possible.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Things that can help -- a long, steamy shower; breastmilk squirted up the nose; having him sleep with his head elevated (like on a pillow, or an adult!)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breastmilk squirted up the nose?! REALLY? Wow. I didn't think of that. Does that work? I will have to try now... haha.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Breastmilk squirted up the nose?! REALLY? Wow. I didn't think of that. Does that work? I will have to try now... haha.
My dd is also 4 months and has a cold now too
: You could use breastmilk or saline nose spray for babies, which is what I do. Helps her nose clear up within minutes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i've been using a warm mist humidifier by Vicks (bought at CVS) that seems to work some but tonight i will be putting kaz inhalant or vicks vaposteam in it so DS breathes some of that in and hopefully will help with the congestion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can get saline nose drops to help at bedtime and before feeds. It helps them breath easier. Other than that, sit in the bathroom and turn the shower on for steam inhalation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts