Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe last two days the baby has been more quiet than usual. To the point where I drank half of dh's morning coffee to see if I could encourage him/her to move.

I really only feel minimal movement when I sit or lay down. Which I really don't have much time to do.
It makes me nervous that s/he is not moving as much as before, but I guess it's okay, RIGHT?! I guess I need some reassurance/advice. I have an anterior placenta so I've generally felt this baby move *much* less than ds.

I also think the baby has dropped some. The top part of my belly seems lower than before. So maybe baby is now occiput anterior and kicking more into the rest of my organs etc which I can't feel as well as if s/he was kicking the outside of my belly? I don't know! Please reassure me that baby is just getting ready to come out and needs to conserve energy for the big event! (That was dh's suggestion...)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
HUGS.

i can't say for sure what's goin' on but i do know that right now our babies are getting more fatty and losing space in there... Sheamas can be quite quiet sometimes and then other times man oh man he is one active little tyke in there...i think he knows some jigs, i swear. woo! some days he is definitely more less active for sure. when he hasn't been active sometimes i get nervous and will poke at him to get him to poke back. he's usually good about that.

hang in there mama and keep us up on baby's movements. i do know that feeling... HUGS HUGS HUGS

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am sure that things are fine. I still get a decent amount of movement during the day but it is softer and more like rolling than the huge kicks and thuds I got earlier. I attribute it to lack of space/more fat on the babe... If you add in the anterior placenta for you, I'd think it was okay.

When is your next check in? I might call just because I like reassurance from my MW on anything that worries me.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Aldrea seems to be more active when I have a full bladder. Not sure why this is but boy howdy when I have the urge to pee she is ALL over in there.

Other times, not so much. It freaks me out sometimes, but my midwife told me that her movements will get less and less as we get closer to delievery. She said if I get worried to drink OJ or something with caffine and wait 15-20 minutes then lie down flat on my back and see if I can count 3 movements in the next half hour or so.

She also said I'd stop feeling the 'pokes' as often and start feeling rolls and stuff.

((hugs)) I'm pretty sure it's normal, baby is running out of room to wiggle in there.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I know there was suddenly a lack of movement the other day, no matter what I did, and it scared me. I do not know why though. But I know how you must feel!

I did locate baby's butt and back and did some pushing to see if I got a reaction and I would. Albeit, not as much as I wanted, I did get stirring and some jabs.

We're back to normal now. I know babe is starting to slow down a bit, but I am only 32 weeks or so... I think I still have some room. Your babe may be facing your spine or simply running out of room.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I know how you feel. We rented a doppler for this very reason. I know many mamas here would not like them but it has kept me calm on several occasions when I was on the verge of freaking out. Our baby has been quiet both today and yesterday and I was definitely panicking but I had some OJ and laid down and did kick counts and although it took longer to reach 10 movements, she did do them (she used to do 10 in 10 minutes and today she did 10 in about 22 minutes). I know how scary it is. You could always call your health care provider and have it checked out- that should put you at ease.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i do not want to upset anyone, but i feel like part of the reason i lived thru my dd's death (full term still birth) was to help educate other mothers....

if you are not getting movement get a NST done (nonstress test)
a doppler WILL NOT tell you if the baby is in distress until the baby's so close to death, you might not be able to save it even via emergency c section. we had an appt with our dd on a fri, her heart rate was great and she died the next day...if i would have tuned into the fact that i was not getting much movement instead of just trying to "keep my mind off of it and not worry" and had a NST done, they would have realized she was in distress and been able to save her.

yes they do slow down and run out of room towards the end, and i was 41+ weeks with my dd so i was VERY much at the end...but you should be doing kick movement counts and especially if you drink the OJ / caffeine drink and lie on your left side and do not get anything
GO GET AN NST DONE

it takes 30 minutes, it does not hurt the baby, and it could save your baby's life.

ok
sorry to freak anyone out.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MomaJustice,
Thanks for your post. I will call my MW and see what she says. However, last night almost right after I posted this thread, the baby started moving around quite a bit and has continued to move about the same amount as I was used to. By the time I laid down in bed, s/he was doing acrobatics! I'm not really worried anymore, but I will call my MW just to see what she has to say.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Womb has been quiet over here the last day or two, as well. I had a really busy day yesterday, though, so I attribute it to me not paying as much attention.

When I actually had a second to sit down and pay attention, he always kicked around. And I got some good kicks this morning in bed. So I'm being vigilant (thanks, moma justice, for the good reminder to be watchful) but trying not to freak out.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yogachick79 View Post
I am sure that things are fine. I still get a decent amount of movement during the day but it is softer and more like rolling than the huge kicks and thuds I got earlier. I attribute it to lack of space/more fat on the babe... If you add in the anterior placenta for you, I'd think it was okay.

When is your next check in? I might call just because I like reassurance from my MW on anything that worries me.
I agree completely!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Laura: I would also just go get checked out. Much better to be safe that sorry and it sounds like you are a bit worried. I can understand more subtle movements maybe because baby has less room now, but I think you should still be feeling at least the 10 movements in the hour if you do a kick count. My providers instructions are to get checked out if you sense ANY change in the character of baby's movements. I've had a few days that seemed slower, but when I took the time to drink some icy cold water and relax for a bit the movements were there and always at least 10 within the hour if not faster. So if I ever did a kick count and didn't get 10 by the hour I would go get checked out because for this baby, I usually get the 10 in 20-30 minutes.

BTW - my placenta is also anterior and I didn't feel this baby move as early as I was expecting, but recent movements are still there and still pretty frequent as compared to what it's been to this point.

Glad to hear about the acrobatics last night though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.