Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a really strange headache earlier. Started with some weird vision stuff, blinking lihght thin in my eye and then areally, really bad headache.I freaked out and called my DR, I know she now thinks iam nuts,she said it sounds like a migraine.She said it happens a bunch.I took tylenol,threw up,slept, now I feel a little better.Anybody else have this happen?

Kaitlin

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've gotten migranes since I was 15. For me there is a definite hormonal component. I get visual hallucinations usually and sometimes auditory stuff also.

What you describe sounds pretty textbook migrane. Your Dr. shouldn't think you're nuts, this is basic.
Good for you that the tylenol worked and that you were able to sleep. For me being able to sleep is my #1 cure. I also use a specific homeopathic remedy (for me constitutionally, not for general migranes).

Hopefully this will be a one time pg occurrence for you. During my pgs, I've only gotten migranes 2x during each one.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I get migraines with my mp and was thinking I would be free of them for a bit, but I got one today, too. I feel quasy but haven't puked and took 2 nice long naps and some tylenol. It is helping some.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Yep. I have one about every other day or so thus far in my second trimester.

Black tea helps, coffee makes it worse. hot showers (drinking ice water to keep core temp down) help too.

Hugs!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Migraines are the worst. I had one the other night and decided to sleep it off. Bad move, I threw up all night long. But I was afraid to take anything in the 1st trimester. I read an herbal remedies book and it suggested camomile tea and raspberry leaf for nausea.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I get migraines while Im pregnant a lot! Ive only had a few while not pregnant. The ones I get during pregnancy (usually in the 2nd trimester) start with some visual stuff that lasts maybe about 20 minutes. Then I may or may not get the headache. I ended up having to go to the ER once it was so bad! I talked to my doctor about it and they gave me vicodin for the pain. They also prescribed Imitrex, but told me its a class c medicine. I did some reasearch and decided not to take it. I have only had to take the vicodin once. Mostly I just try to sleep. Hopefully this was just a one time occurance for you. But if it starts happening more frequently you may want to ask to see a neurologist. If I continue to have them this bad after the baby is born I think thats what I will do. But from what it seems like in my history is it seems to be connected hormonally.. so Im guessing it will go away after things sorta level out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.