Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
We moved my son to his bed around 2 years old. I was pregnant, too. The transistion actually went really well. We started a consistent bed routine, stories, nursing, etc. The first few months he would wake up quite a bit so I spent a lot of time going back and forth between rooms. Quite often I would end up falling asleep in his bed. But, I still seemed to get a better nights sleep because we only had a queen bed and DS was taking up quite a bit of room. Anyway, over time he went to waking one time a night and eventually he would sleep all the way through the night.

Just a warning, after my DD was born my DS regressed a bit, sleep wise. He went from sleeping throught the night to waking up several times and calling for me. So I was getting up quite a bit again. Between his wakings and DD waking I got very little sleep! DD is almost 3 months old now and DS is back down to waking up once a night. It's always on the dot at 3.30 am. He is still nursing so I just give him a quick nurse and go back to bed. Sometimes I fall asleep in his bed and will wake up when I hear DD wake up in my bed.

Oh, and I would skip the toddler bed completely and just go to a twin or larger. Since I spend quite a lot of time in DS's bed (reading stories, lying down to nurse etc.) there is no way I would be comfortable in a toddler sized bed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts