Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering....for the first time ever I actually love being pregnant and the way I look. (I've been raw vegan for a year) DH said I could get some pregnancy portraits done and of course I've been looking online and the best studios are always the most expensive. =( Has anyone ever done this? I'm afraid if I go with a cheaper studio ($200) then I'll regret it, won't like them very much......but yet - I can't afford to pay $600+ for the one I really love.

Check this out - one can wish, right?

http://www.laurielphotography.com/

I don't even know what I would do with the picture, but most likely get a 16x20 framed and put it in my bedroom. Not exactly something you want on your living room wall, LOL! It's been such a beautiful time for me, I want to hold it in my memory forever. (seriously, I NEVER thought I would love being pregnant!!!)

Sherah Taylor
Mommy to 5 sweeties ages 8, 6, 5, 3, & 16 mo ~
Baby BOY!! Due December 4, 2007

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops - sorry! Some message boards are OK with links if they're in your signature, but I took mine off. Thanks for letting me know. =)

Sherah Taylor
Mommy to 5 sweeties ages 8, 6, 5, 3, & 16 mo ~
Baby BOY!! Due December 4, 2007

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I actually just had some amazing photographs done for me this time around. But I will say you are going to pay for quality. As a professional photographer myself I can only attest to the attention to detail and experience you will get going with someone who is worth it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
We took my ds to get his two year photo taken at JCPenney while I was 8 months pregnant not expecting to get my picture taken. The lady offered and I accepted! They turned out really great and I am so glad that I did it!!! I will really cherish those photos!!

Maybe you could go to a cheaper place like Sears or JCPenney?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I'm having portraits done by a local photog in less than 2 weeks. I'm psyched but also a little nervous about baring it all for the camera.
My goal is pretty much what you described - to have at least one really gorgeous shot to frame for my bedroom wall. This may be my last pregnancy and I wish I had taken pics or done belly casts with my first two children!

I can't click on the maternity gallery on that site.
Oh, wait, my adblocker was preventing it from loading.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
http://www.candaceann.com/

Mine is the last one under maternity.

I loved having it done! Yes, she was expensive, but I'm glad I did it.

I have an 8x12 in my office. A larger one in my bathroom. And another larger one in my office at home.

I might have someone paint one of the pics too.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I really wanted to get Henna done on my belly and then have professional portraits taken. Alas, it doesn't look like the Henna thing is going to work out since I can't seem to find a mehndi artist who is local to me (I'm checking with the local Indian grocery this weekend, but I don't have much hope...), but I'm still hoping to go the pictures. I was honestly kind of thinking of just going with a friend who has a good camera and a good eye, or somewhere like Glamorshots, though... I don't necessarily believe that you MUST have a pro to get good shots. My mom did my pregnancy portraits last time and I photoshopped them and they look AWESOME.

Edited 'cause I just realized I have them online and can show them off!

http://pics.livejournal.com/bellewea...ic/0000rs02/g9

and

http://pics.livejournal.com/bellewea...ic/0000qhk3/g9

Hope that works!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i would definitely get some pics done. we intended to with dd, and just never got around to it. i still regret not getting them right around 8mos along. we will definitley get some just me next pg, and also some with dd and dh as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.