Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I had one removed about 10 years ago- it was no big deal. They numbed me with a shot, then cut it off and covered it with a bandaid. It was about the size of a pencil eraser. They called me back a week and a half later or so to tell me it was benign. The most uncomfortable thing about it for me was it was right where the band of my bra rested, so I couldn't wear a bra for a day or so or it hurt.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I had a mole removed on my upper thigh. They numbed it and then took a slice. Not really as bad as I thought it would be. Mine however was malignant and I had to go back to a plastic surgeon for a very large cross section ( deep too) to make sure they got it all with the first removal. Thankfully they did and I have not had any problems since. The first few days were rough since it hurt when I put any pressure on my leg to walk. Other then that it didn't hurt a bit either time since they numbed the hell out of it. I just made sure not to look and the Plastic Surgeon played soothing music.

Good luck I hope yours turns out to be nothing
s:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I also had one removed about 10 years ago. It was no big deal, and that type of thing usually bothers me. They did a numbing injection, which didn't hurt at all. Then they sort of scraped it off. I didn't feel a thing. I've got lots more that I really should have removed. I have a family history of melanoma.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
They might freeze it off depending on how it's shaped.

I'm considering having a mole removed that's right next to my lip on the left side. Not that I have to but it might become cancerous. I guess I am waffling more because I've always had this mole since birth and it seems like getting plastic surgery done because I will think I'm prettier after it's removed. I have to remind myself that there is the health aspect as well...

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
i actually had a rather large mole (1.5 cm by 1 cm) removed from "down there" (not sure what to call this area, it's closer to the edge of a bathing suit leg hole than to the labia...). i had it removed when ds was born (literally, five minutes after). the doc said, "as long as i'm down here sewing things up, why don't i numb this and take it away too." so i said, "sure!" it was not malignant. they did just numb the area and scoop (it was deeper than a slice) it out. there was a little discomfort but it was okay and i'm glad it's done!

·
Registered
501 Posts
i had one removed from my thigh in 1993. same experience as the others, pretty much just a shot in the center of it to numb it then the doc sliced it off. the worst part for me was actually WATCHING him cut it off my leg. it didn't hurt, although that area on my leg is still sensitive from time to time, but that's probably psychsomatic!

good luck!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
i had two removed from my neck when i was in middle school - they just numbed and zapped them off - i *think* they burned them off? i don't remember - but it didn't hurt at all.

then i just had a *questionable* mole removed from my stomach this summer - they numbed it with a local and cut it out - then it turned out to be a melanoma, so they had to go back and excise a wider area. not fun, not fun.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have had several moles removed (my back is almost covered with moles). And yes, they numb it (that's a little shot, more like a pin prick) and cut it out. The stupid thing was that I needed it to be cleaned twice daily (they'll most likely tell you how, with me it was peroxide and some cream, then bandaid on top) so DH had to do it mostly (only had two moles removed in areas I could actually reach...) and he did not like it so much... poor husband, but he did it anyway.

Anyway, I thought I would have beautiful skin grow back, but no, it's not that noticable, but somehow though the mole is removed, it's still sort of visible... sorry

BTW, moles came out good natured.

Good luck!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I just recently had two moles removed. One was on my forearm the other was on my back. They numb it up and then they cut a hole out. I had two stitches on the one on my arm and three stitches on the one on my back. The one on my back was sore for a couple of days. That one was also benign, but the one on my arm was one that they don't know if it would eventually turn into melanoma or not, but because it is all cut out I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I had one removed from my face. It was done by a plastic surgeon. It was about the size of a pencil eraser. He did it in two shots - the first time he cut across the diameter within the mole (not going outside it) and took about half of the interior from that point and sewed it together. Once it healed, it was about the width of what he took out so then he went back in and did the same size of a cut and finished taking it out. He did the angle of the scar in alignment with my smile lines. I really have to look to find where it is. Of course I use high quality skin care products which helps with the healing of the scar.

Really, it was not painful at all. They just did local anesthesia so it didn't hurt one bit. But whether they freeze it, cut it out, or what...depends totally on who you go to and how big it is. I think I would want to know their plans before I underwent the procedure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.