Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my pre-scheduled annual yesterday, and during the appt. I told my OB I am also 6 weeks pregnant. He asked if I was having any pains, and I told him about the slight pains I get on both sides, around where my ovaries would be. I told him it is like the pain of ovulation, but very slight. He seemed concerned about that because I have a hostory of ovarian cysts and asked me if I would be willing to have a scan right away. So they did the ultrasound and the pregnancy, thank God, is viable and healthy-looking, but there was a ruptured ovarian cyst floating around the left side. He said that it would not do any harm to the baby, but they would want to do another scan in 2 weeks to make sure the cyst had re-absorbed and was not still hemorrhaging. This all kind of freaks me out. What if it doesn't stop? My OB kind of skated around that issue, saying he was pretty sure it would. Has anyone else ever had that happen? I've had cysts before so I'm not surprised that I would have one again, but the idea of a ruptured cyst floating around my uterus is unnerving. I can't help thinking about what happens if it doesn't just go away.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Sorry, no advice here either, just hugs.
I hope it goes away like the dr seems to think it will.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I haven't had them while pregnant, but I have had two ruptured cysts in the past. I'm surprised that you didn't feel more pain, both of mine were, hands down, the most painful experiences of my life. I literally thought I was dying.

It should eventually reabsorb. One of my ruptures of of a massive hemmorrhagic septated cyst (basically, a bunch of little bleeding cysts inside of a bigger one) and it reabsorbed in a matter of weeks. I'm sorry you're worried mama. You should feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavournin
I haven't had them while pregnant, but I have had two ruptured cysts in the past. I'm surprised that you didn't feel more pain, both of mine were, hands down, the most painful experiences of my life. I literally thought I was dying.

It should eventually reabsorb. One of my ruptures of of a massive hemmorrhagic septated cyst (basically, a bunch of little bleeding cysts inside of a bigger one) and it reabsorbed in a matter of weeks. I'm sorry you're worried mama. You should feel better soon.

Thank you so much! IT's good to hear that yours did reabsorb. I really want to feel better soon--this has been a much harder first trimester than I had with my first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts