Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some this weekend for my 11 month old..some of the drops came out of his ear and made it super red! I stopped using them as I am guessing it would do the same to the inside! Anyone ever try these?!?!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've never used the Hyland drops - but I've had good luck w/ homeopathy for earaches. Especially Belladonna. 3 doses 15 mins apart does the trick every time for my dd.
Hope your LO is feeling better.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've never tried the ear drops but I really like hyland's products - especially their teething tablets.
Just a suggestion, but maybe you can put the drops on a cotton ball and then set the cotton ball on the outer ear instead of right in the ear. I've heard of people putting a couple garlic oil or extract drops on cotton balls then setting them right in the outer ear area. I've never tried it and I don't know how to use it according to age but maybe you can look further into that.

Also, my dd rarely got ear infections but the rare times that she did, I found that it occurred after I tried cleaning her ears with cutips - and I didn't even go all the way in the ear...

Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I bought some just b/c I've liked hyland's other products and it was cheap w/ my couponing.

I've used them twice on my siblings...once on a 7yo and once on a 5yo. They said it felt better....could be placebo affect...

I don't know...oil, garlic, breastmilk and the like all work too so I guess there's no strong reason to go buy it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Bump!

I did abx and garlic oil.

I just picked these up today and will probably try tongith on DD.

Any other experience with Hylands drops?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.