Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read somewhere that some newborns are so small that many things don't fit right. So, some mama bought some nb/s pockets but used them as covers by laying prefolds in them until the babe was big enough for the pockets. Any one with any experience with this? I thought it was a great idea but wanted to know if it works IRL. Also wanted to know if people used pockets as covers when the babes get older, too.... TIA!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Yup. I do it with my FB and apron strings! It works great when they are inbetween sizes!

Plus sometimes Angelo gets irratated by PUL and fleece, so I tridold a infant pf and use it as a cover than also.

That's what I love about cding.........you can do tons of different things to make it work perfectly for each child!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I've been thinking about it--I'm at a point where I consider the "dry" feeling of microfleece to be a drawback, because DS (20 months) is very interested in the potty and I want him to know when he wets. So I've been thinking of laying his infant prefolds into a pocket rather than stuffing with them. The alternative would be buying new larger prefolds (or fitteds) AND new covers and that's an expense I don't want to get into when the FB we have fit just fine.

I've tried it a couple times now and it's seemed to work fine, although I haven't seen the results of a poop in one yet.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GranolaMoon
It's totally possible. I've been considering the opposite... doing surgery on a cover to make it a pocket.

:LOL

And to the OP, yep, we've used pockets as covers. The babysitters tend to do this more frequently if I forget to stuff a pocket or to for them.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
If it's a front-snap or front-aplix pocket, you should be able to just lay the prefold in it like you would lay it in a wrap and close it up. If the pocket's a little big still and doesn't fit as snugly as you'd like, then I'd probably snappi just to keep in any surprises.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My DH has! ;-) He hasn't quite figured out which pieces go together, so he'll change our DD, then when I change her afterwards she'll be in some weird combinations!! He really can't figure out side-snapping dipes - those go on her inside out and backwards. It's hilarious.

At least he's a good sport about all of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.