Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 33 weeks and have had a really easy pregnancy so far. Yesterday I started to get a pain on my left side (sort of in the middle of my left side). It kind of felt like when you get a stitch in your side from running and it feels a bit better if you push on the area that hurts. I sat down and it seemed to get much better. When I got home from work I took a nap and then I felt almost back to normal.

This morning the pain was back and it got progressively worse as the day went on. I finally called my doctor's office and of course my doc is on vacation, but the nurse asked me some questions, talked to the back-up doctor and called back. She said to take some extra-strength Tylenol, make sure the baby is moving at least 10 times an hour, get some rest, and if nothing changes call for an appointment tomorrow.

I have to say that I have no other symptoms besides this pain, which does get better when I rest and worse when I move around. I also THINK the baby may have dropped (is it too early at 33 weeks -- is that bad?) but I'm not sure. This is my first pregnancy and everything is new to me! But I'm wondering if the baby did drop if the pain is just associated with things stretching out.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I can handle it if I know it's normal. I've just been lucky so far and anything new makes me worry.

·
Registered
83 Posts
this is my first to and im only 22 weeks and my left side and left back side hurt from time to time and my leg gives out I found out it was my siadic nerve. the baby lays on it but, for me it was too soon I was feeling it at 2 months. but that what it was for me. my mother would know best shes had 4 childrent including me and shes taking doula classes I can ask here and see if she might know, and ill get back to you later.

for now just rest, that seems to be your best bet right now.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys -- I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.

It does get better with Tylenol and rest, so I'm thinking this is just normal pain that goes with the territory. I just wasn't sure since this is my first!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.