Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last three days I have been feeling incredibly faint. At the bookstore the other day I literally fell on my side because a dizzy spell hit me and I lost my balance. UGH! I have heard this can be another wonderful side effect of pregnancy - am I alone? it's horrible! DH is out of town again and I am feeling a little freaked out about being alone with DD - what if I faint. Great.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yup... i *did* faint at about 5 months with my last pregnancy. my midwife chalked it up to the blood volume increase. it is unsettling and irriating though..

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Oh yeah mamas, can definitely relate to this one. Yet a new symptom.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems to be getting a little better now - thank goodness!!! I have heard of "vertigo pregnancy" and I would NOT be a happy camper!!! My blood came back borderline hypoglycemia so that's why I am so dizzy in the morning plus I had started drinking 1 cup of coffee in the AM and I stopped and that seems to help as well. I guess it's not good for me now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've been feeling faint and having a lot of trouble exercising. Plus getting all kinds of heart palpitations. I'm sure its hormones, but I have to see a whole darn team of cardiologists on Tuesday to get the go head for my homebirth.

I am non-plussed to say the least.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
to you lavenderiot. I hope everything goes well and they give you the

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yes, ugh. I had forgotten about the blood volume thing. But I have been needing to up my fluid intake.

I am also not controlling my blood sugar very well. I don't really understand why - I am usually somewhat hypoglycemic, but I *wasn't* in my first pg, and it's throwing me for a loop. I feel like I don't know what to eat when.

I will survive. It's just yucky.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had periodic dizziness throughout my life and I always felt like there was something to it, like metaphysically, even as a kid, but I didn't know how to find out or anything.

Then when I was pregnant with my first I was living in Washington State and got to know some healers and teachers. What I learned was that it had to do with being grounded. When I would get dizzy and would squat down on the floor and visualize tree roots coming out of my feet or something earthy and grounded like that it would go away. After practicing that for a little while I stopped having the problem. Now that is something I only very rarely get.

The last time I fainted was when I put my first child to my breast for the first time. It was just so intense!! That felt like the reason to me but it freaked the midwives out pretty bad I think. I also almost fainted getting my ear pearced one and did faint giving a blood sample, and after I had my belly button pierced. All of those seem to relate to having a new openning made in my body in a way it seems. Interesting...

I know there are physical reasons for lightheadedness, too. I also tend toward low blood pressure. But, it is always interesting to consider the other aspects and correcting those may also help the physical problems.

Love,
Leslie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.