Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yet to do it w/ this pregnancy.. And I'm not even sure if my insurance will cover one..

But I did it with my last, and honestly didn't seem to help any... I still had a posterior babe w/ a c/s

Any positive chiro feedback?

· Registered
2,092 Posts
i am actually calling and making an appointment for a consult (it's free) tomorrow. my insurance only covers 12 visits a year and if i'm not mistaken, they are 1x/month...so...

i am just having alot more hip and pelvic pain with this little one than i did with dd#1 so hoping it can help with that....

dd was also posterier the last 2 months and never turned......

· Registered
264 Posts
i have had a wonderful experience with a chiro this time around. before i started going, my crotch was killing me, really bad pelvic pain, i waddled, and was totally constipated.
now, all of it is gone. i never thought i chiro could make me poop!

· Registered
531 Posts
I've gone once a month since the beginning and will go more often as needed toward the end. I didn't go at all with my 1st pg but went throughout with my 2nd pg. I can tell a difference but I also go every few months even when I'm not pg so my body lets me know when it needs adjusting!

· Registered
42 Posts
I see one who specializes in maternal and pediatric chiropractics in Louisville KY and she is amazing! She is so gentle and incorporates bits of massage to successfully adjust me without jarring my body...I've had sciadica pretty bad on some days and her exercises that she has me do at home along with her adjustments have relieved that pain greatly! I'm lucky that my insurance covers me with her.
If you haven't had a chance to check out Hands of Love : Seven Steps to the Miracle of Birth (Paperback) by Carol J. Phillips you may want to. It's a fantastic book about natural birth being aided by chiropractics (she author is a chiropractor doula)...in fact my awesome chiropractor offered it to me as a loaner my first visit with her. I later discovered that the spinningbabies.com website recommended reading it as well.

· Registered
2,484 Posts
I'm seeing one this time & feel so much better. Last pg I was advised not to by my med-wife and ended up in a wheelchair w/crippling PSD. I started to have real problems w/this pg & after one visit I was pain free for almost a month!
We don't have insurance & can't really afford it, either... but it's so important to have a healthy back that we consider it to be a necessity.

· Registered
858 Posts
I went super- regularly with DD but I had a ton of lower back pain with her. I am going to go this week and next week before we move back East. I need to get in touch with my old chiropractor our East and make an appt. as I really did feel that it helped. The other thing that *really* helped was acupuncture, especially at the end of pregnancy. I just started having symptoms of swelling in my left ankle and calf at night and I found that acupuncture really helped keep the swelling at bay.

· Registered
524 Posts
I have been to see an osteopath a few times this pregnancy. I also have really bad pelvic pain, and the adjustments and exercises have definitely helped. My insurance actually covers more with an osteopath than a chiropractor- so you might want to look into that.

· Registered
389 Posts
I was going to a chiro before pregnancy and have been going every week since the pregnancy. Actually, my chiro was one of the few people who knew about the pregnancy in the very beginning.
Now, due to hip and lower back pain, I go 2x's a week and makes a HUGE differance.
Last week was the best, as I had a gift cerificate for a prenatal massage that I used and before the massage appointment, I went and had adjustment. Awesome!
On Monday, my chiro couldn't believe how loose and unknotted my hip/lower back area had become.
If only I could do that combo every couple of weeks!

· Premium Member
5,741 Posts
I have been going about monthly. I had been seeing him regularly for other issues and just kept on going as a preventative measure. I have avoided some of the discomforts of past pregnancy. He was able to help me with some ther scoliosis related issues but I am not sure that he is the best match for me while pregnant.

Pm'ing you WordyWanda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.