Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
<span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">Hi there, I just moved to the Wheeling area (St. Clairsville, Ohio, just over the river) and joined Mothering.com to try to connect with like-minded moms from this area. I couldn't believe it when one of the 1st posts was you, from Wheeling!<br><br>
I never had a Cesarean birth, and therefore no VBAC, but I LOVE to talk about discuss pregnancy and birth, and hear birth stories. I am a doula, certified through DONA, so I may be able to help you by directing you to books and videos, and by inspiring you to have confidence in yourself, to KNOW that it is DEFINATELY possible!<br><br>
I am so new here that I do not know of any OB's or midwives that I can recommend. I am even looking for a midwife for myself. I met one woman that had 2 homebirths (over 10 years ago) with a midwife from "somewhere past Washington".<br><br>
There are birth centers in the Pittsburgh area, but that may be too far for you.<br><br>
There is another DONA-certified doula in St. Clairsville (I haven't met her yet) and she may know of a midwife or OB that would be good to work with. You can find her on <a href="http://www.dona.org" target="_blank">www.dona.org</a> through the 'doula locater'.<br><br>
Let me know what you find out! And I would love to get together to meet and chat if you have time! I go to Wheeling every Wednesday at noon (for a daughter's dance class), but I can come any day really since it's only 15 minutes away. Or we could meet over here in St. Clairsville if you'd rather.<br><br>
Peace,<br>
Sarah Sigmon<br>
mother of Antonia (10-13-1999) and Lelia (10-7-2001)</span></span>

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THAT IS SO GREAT! im actually in ohio too. im in martins ferry, right across from wheeling. i just found out that #1, my husbands company went with a different provider for health insurance and the hospital that my OB delivers at is covered (it wasnt previously) and i know that he will let me vbac. #2 he just got a midwife. the OB's name is Dr. Robert Wetzel.

·
Registered
510 Posts
hi wheeling area mommas!<br><br>
my dh and i are thinking of moving (back) to wheeling from north jersey...we hope to find a delayed vax/probreastfeeding ped and a midwife/good ob. plus we're looking for good employment in the nonprofit or education world. any tips???

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I'm just across the river in Gallia County, OH. I had a VBAC at home a year ago today! My midwife is in Scott Depot, WV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts