Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone was planning on going, or thinking of going??
My partner and I have gone every year we have been together, and this will be out daughters 5 th year.
We have always had a great time at the festival, and it is a great place for kids!!!

Kirsten

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find it interesting that in space, there are so many womyn who do not recognise the need for women who have lived their whole lives as women, to gather together and celebrate who we are. The Michigan Womyn's music festival is not anti anything, it is pro-womyn born Womyn.
MWMF is a great place to meet other womyn, and see any body type that you could imagine. It is a place where little girls can run freely, because they are surrounded by thousands of mothers. It is a place where you might see your old school teacher, girl scout leader, 3 rd grade crush... It is a place where you can hear music ranging from punk to Klezmer to yodeling... Learn to belly dance or samba, spend the day talking to your girlfriend and shower under the stars. Try some new food. Marvel in the wonder that womyn can make, and take apart!! That is just a bit about what the MWMF is about.
Now here is not what it is. It is not air conditioned, it is not in the city, it is not a place for those who do not want to change their lives, or to celebrate the womyn that they are. It is not a place for men, or those who choose to live their lives as men.
Because it is a celebration of womyn and the lives that we lead.

Kirsten

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.