Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 37 weeks today and baby girl is still breech. I'm praying no c-section and that baby turns soon. I've been doing exercises and burning moxi sticks in hopes to 'encourage' her a bit. Just wondering, but has anyone experienced having a breech baby who turned in their last month?

TT

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
I had a client who went to a chiro for the Webster Technique at 39 weeks. Baby turned and was born the next week - 11lbs 9oz.

I'd also suggest homeopathic Pulsatilla - 200c strength is the best. Check out your local health food store.
I've had GREAT success with this remedy. Take it twice one day, then twice two days later.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
yes!Joy kept turning in labor
Which is probably why it took so long to give birth
I just kept doing the 2 pillows under my butt flop backwards on the bed thing.It made for some not so fun contrax
: Sending baby turning vibes your way

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Not me personally, but the mama of the little girl I nannied for! She was scheduled for a c/s because babe was breech. She said she was laying in bed one night about ten days before the c/s, and she felt the babe flip! She went in to her appt a couple days later, and babe was head down!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My brother's partner just delivered a beautiful little boy last night. He was breech until last Thursday and her midwife (i think) did a "version" - not sure if the spelling is correct - basically it sounds like they pushed/poked the baby until he moved. She said it was painful, but not nearly as painful as the c-section.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If you want more information on the chiropractic webster technique, check out www.icpa4kids.org. There is some great info on that site. (It is known to be about 80-90% effective and much safer than external inversion.) Good Luck!

Cheryl

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
My first baby was breech until about 37 wks. I layed on the couch every evening with my legs over the back so that I was sort of upside-downish, and my husband would massage a reflexology pressure point (if I remember correctly, it's on the little toe). I'm not sure that that is what made my son turn or not, but it can't hurt to try. I've also heard visualization works for a lot of women.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This baby was breech until 36 weeks and then was transverse until 38 weeks. I'm 39.1 weeks now. I was scheduled for a repeat c-section actually for today, but that has been canceled and I'm hoping for a vbac.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Yup, DD turned less than a week before she was born. She did it all on her own, too. I was sitting on the couch and felt a mad scramble of extended elbows, knees, arched back...and then she was head-down. It was actually a bit painful for me, but obviously for the best :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dd was stubbornly breech - with one leg up, one leg down -- and didn't turn so I had a c-section (and was glad for it!). My doctors did try to turn her (she didn't budge), BUT the baby of the woman also in the hospital room having the same thing done did turn! So perhaps you should look into an inversion. My doctors said the success rate is 50%, and I thought they were very careful with me. The tried, but they also respected that she wasn't moving and didn't force it...

I also tried lying head-down on an ironing board with one end on the sofa, and the other on the floor a few times a day for at least a week. Ridiculous feeling and looking, apparently works for some, didn't for me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An update on me
Thanks everyone for your sharing and all your kind encouraging words. Our baby girl is still breech as I'm coming up on 39 weeks on Monday. The suspense is killing me and I'm kind of getting a little discouraged
My doc won't do a version, because he feels it would be too risky with my fluid being a little on the low side. But he doesn't feel that all hope is lost for this baby to turn on her own. So far I've been continuing with pelvic tilts, inclining on the ironing board, moxibustion, visualization, and light walking. Pulsatilla didn't work for me, however I've been seeing a chiro for the webster's technique (twice already). Chiro doc is going to see me 2 more times and will discontinue if no results. Oh well. I'm still holding on!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Your doc won't let you have a vaginal birth if your baby is breech??? What if you just come to the hospital very late....and have to have a vaginal birth? You could labor and see what happens...a lot of babies turn at the very last minute! C-sections are just NO fun, and I would hate to see you have to go through one!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Most docs won't do vaginal breech births unless you've had a successful vaginal birth once already (you have a "proven pelvis"). :-(

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :). Your baby could be like my first and turn real late.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.