Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to ask this, but I recently tried the coconut flour, and both my kids had total diarrhea and stomach pains. I don't know if it's the coconut flour or not. We are trying to get their guts back to normal after a round of abx a few months ago, so they have both had loose stools, and some occassional diarrhea on and off anyway.<br><br>
I really wanted the coconut flour to work! I am trying to cut out most grains, and we can't do nuts because of a peanut allergy, and.... aaacck. I just wanted to make a cookie. And a birthday cake for my turning-4-year-old on Sunday.<br><br>
Has anyone else had this on the first introduction of it (my kids are 8 and 3 and have definitely had coconut before and been fine, it was just that I made cookies yesterday and muffins today, and used the coconut flour for the first time.)<br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Yes, coconut CAN be an allergen despite many places claiming that it's not. Also it does contain a lot of lauric fatty acid which kills of yeast and bacteria... maybe it's die off too since you are dealing with gut flora issues.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I am really feeling like they aren't allergic, just because they both have eaten regular coconut many times before, so I am thinking it is because we are dealing with healing their guts right now. I will try it again in a few weeks and go slow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts