Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with Reglan and what the outcome was. I went to see my ped today for formula samples and she wrote me a prescription for it. She said some women have luck with it and some don't. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,548 Posts
My doc would only prescribe 1 week of Reglan. After a month of weight loss, my baby gained 6 oz that week, and my milk seemed to be doing great. But, as soon as I was off the meds, no more milk.

Thankfully, my doc this time is willing to prescribe it long term.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I went through 4 cycles of it with my first child. No change for me. Of course, I haven't had a change in milk supply from anything. I reach a plateau and can't get past that.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I won't touch the stuff... Right after I had Ry, I was in the ER for severe dehydration and they put me on reglan in IV form. It did boost my milk supply I guess, but I had to be off in 15 minutes because I started hallucinating on it--it turns out that hallucinations are a side effect. I was so glad I was in the hospital when that happened because it was creepy as heck.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
mama, if you have any history or possible history of depression or depressive events, be wary of taking reglan. domperidone would be a better choice if you have depression in your past and if your doc is willing to prescribe it or if you are willing to obtain it through other means. if domperidone isn't an option, trying the reglan might be worth it but please watch for signs of depression and make sure your family and friends know to watch for them, too.

~claudia

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't have any luck on Reglan, but then I have never been able to feel a let down or any other difference with herbal mixes either. Ironically the Reglan seemed to make my baby constipated. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have decided not to get the Reglan due the the fact that I am already down and sometimes depressed, I can't take a chance on it getting worse. I have tried fenugreek for a month and it didn't work, so I bought some Mother's milk tea, we will see how it works. I currently have mastitis so I feel crappy anyway, after I get over it I will work some more on the supply.

Thanks for the replies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.