Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I won't be much help because I just got the book but haven't tried it out yet.

That being said I'm REALLY excited to try it soon. I keep hearing great things about it, and from what I've read so far in the book, it seems to be a much easier and more reliable way of baking bread.

I saved money by checking out at the library first and if I really like it, I'll purchase a copy of the book later.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Yes, I was playing around with the recipes/techniques last winter and I enjoyed it. My dd gets very constipated from bread, though, so I never incorporated it into my routine.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I had been making the Cook's Illustrated recipe for "almost no knead bread" for the past year with great success (it is based on the one from the NYT) and recently decided to invest in this book. I haven't made much from it yet but I think it was a great investment! You might try out the original recipes and see what you think and then get it. There are tons of recipes in there I can't wait to try and so far everything has been great.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This book is awesome! My family loves the breads in there. Sadly, I am off wheat and yeast right now, so I haven't been able to use the recipes for a while, but we were having bread from there every week for a while.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
I took the book out from the library and totally loved it. To me, the results were better than with the Mark Bittman no-knead recipe floating around.

I'd love to buy it, but will have to wait until the new year for some extra $$$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.