Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's the extra blood flo, but my heart skips beats everyday/several times a day. I used to have this problem in high school - stress related and the holter monitor I wore for a week didn't show any heart problems. I am not too concerned about this but my OB seemed to be when I told her. She said that if it continued she wanted to refer me to the cardiologist. Some of you may remember I have been ultra tested on (down syndrome risk and amnio) and I am just tired of all the tests and worry. My last OB did a GREAT job at remaining very conservative and was mellow about everything- this doctor seems as if she would rather just refer me to everyone else insead of researching the problem herself. She advised that "we don't want this to be a problem during labor" which I agree but I have a hard time feeling that with NO OTHER symptoms that I am going to kick the bucket while delivering this little girl.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had one day a couple weeks/maybe 2 months ago where my heart was palping all day. Now, just once in a while. I think I even forgot to tell the MW at my last appt. But every search I've done on-line says it's completely normal, no big deal.
:

I'm sorry your care provider isn't being more reasonable.
:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Definitely seems like a "wait and see" type of thing. Your ob needs to relax

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Try taking a magnesium supplement. I get that as well and so does my grandfather. Magnesium supplements help us both. (and apparently it is an indicator of more severe problems later on, but something that is still helped by Mg supplements) I take 350mg once a day when I remember and it does the trick. It also helps with leg cramps if those have started! And my mom says that I don't take enough, I should be doing at least 500mg but I figure if it's helping then why bother, I HATE taking pills.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes! Me too! In fact, I've been meaning to post here about it.

I have been trying to figure out what triggers it and usually it's after I eat and it seems to be more specifically after I eat/drink something cold. I keep forgetting to mention it to my doc. I'm not feeling light headed or anything else from it so other than being a bit unsettling I'm not too worried about it. It doesn't last all day but typically occurs a few times a day. It seemed to have gone away for a few days but I've been noticing it again lately.

I had this happen maybe 8-9 years ago but it was when I was getting over a cold/flu with a fever and the fever seemed to have triggered it. I wore a halter monitor after that and nothing showed up on it. I also take magnesium and have for awhile. Before getting pregnant I'd notice it every so often (maybe once a month if that) and only a beat or two feeling off.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I had one the other day that lasted about 5 minutes. I think I've maybe had one other one? I'm not really concerned about it. I had to get an echo cardiogram this past summer and nothing bad turned up on that so.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Same story as you - lots in high school/college and when they started happening every five min continously for a week I had a seizure, had to where that monitor for a while which came up with nothing. I only get them once and a while now, but much more when preg. Long as its not lots over and over again, NBD.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yup. I get them off and one when pregnant. Sometimes when not pregnant, but normally just when pregnant.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I get them too. Pregnant or not. I've had the whole range of cardiological tests too, halter monitor included and they couldn't find anything wrong with my heart, either. I didn't even tell my OB I'd been having the palpitations because it just seems like that is what my heart does. I've had this issue for about as long as I can remember and it does usually present itself during times of anxiety, whether or not I am actively anxious at the time or not. No worries, mamma.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.