Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to the cervical stabbing from the inside, I have started having muscle spasms a the very top of my thighs (like where your leg creases when you sit down). They usually happen along with the cervical pain but these spasms literally bring me to the floor because when they happen my legs can't take the weight of my body. I look like a demon possesed pregnant woman
trying to walk around and periodically falling over. Dh used a massage machine on my thighs and gluteal area this morning to help loosen things up (and it was doubly pleasurable
) and it helped a little but now I can feel it tighten up again and I'm thinking the spasms will start in a bit.

Maybe it's just because of how low my belly is right now. I said in the other thread that I wish I could post a pic but you can't really appreciate the lowness unless you'd see a nude photo from the side because clothes kind of cover it up. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is having this and what is helping. I took some cal-mag liquid last night but that didn't seem to do anything.

·
Registered
888 Posts
No -- can't say that I am having that (big YES to the stabbing cervical pain, though).

I have never had any luck with CalMag or just Calcium either, for various muscle spasms that I have had. I am carrying really low, too, I think (though I guess not as low as you since belly is not "hanging"). Sounds like the change in your center of gravity it really making your muscles overworked.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
>>took some cal-mag liquid last night but that didn't seem to do anything.<<

That's good- I would continue to take it. Also be sure to have plenty of water! I know you probably don't want to pee any more often than you already are, but it's sooooooooooo important.

How often does it happen? Under any specific circumstances? And what makes it better?

Sounds like you will be delivering soon.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have had those same pains! It's the weirdest feeling! It almost feels like the baby is reaching his/her little arm all the way into your leg!
I had it on one side twice two days ago, then the other side yesterday. It always coincides with either baby movement or a contraction. Super weird. I don't know what it is, so I can't help there, but at least you know you're not the only one!

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
ive totally been having this! its almost like contractions in my thighs and upper legs ( in the crease of my groin i guess).. they arent so bad that i cant stand but they do feel weird i was wondering yesterday what the heck they were and asking them to move on up a bit
ive had no more than some stabing cirvix pains and menstral like cramps.. im ready for a bit more pain!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Pressure on a nerve??? That's my guess....
Looking on the bright side, it's a great way of making a poorly whingy 5yo laugh, when mummy suddenly falls over or has to grab onto something- slapstick rules OK around here at the moment, it's the only way of keeping everyone sane.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
No, but I have had some *wicked* round ligament pain on my right side this week. I have seen the chiro on Weds, Fri and today and she works that area pretty well each time. But it still hurts. It hurts at night when I try to roll over onto the other side or get up to pee. It hurts right now just sitting here on the computer. Oh well. You're supposed to be miserable when you are 3 days from your DD, right?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I've had this for the past month to month and a half. The yoga position of sitting on the floor with feet touching (tailor sitting) has helped me a lot, along with side lunges. It's like it will cramp up for a few days, but if I do these exercises every day, I don't tend to get them so much.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Interesting...I've had exactly what you describe. It happens only at night and wakes me up. Usually it's during a contraction. It seems different from the other leg cramps that extra calcium helps with, so I didn't even try that. It started when my baby dropped and I started to efface/dilate a little so I think it has something to do with all that. Won't last forever, right! That must be hard if you are standing and your legs give out. Be careful....

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have a friend who said her entire labor felt like that! She ended up getting an epidural because she said the thigh pain was too intense to handle - she said it was just unreal. I had never heard of anyone else feeling all their contractions in their thighs...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.