Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i know there are quite a few chiropractors in this forum, and other knowledgable folks, so i'm posing this question...
has anyone experienced a kind of chiropractic called network spinal analysis? it uses gentle touch to effect change in the nervous system, that then resonates in the entire body. i just started going, and i'm really skeptical. altho i am usually pretty skeptical of alternative medicine and it ALWAYS works so well on me. anyway, i'm looking to hear your experiences good and bad with NSA.
thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Granted, I'm not chiropractor and I still do not understand how exactly network "works". I'm also always skeptical of any alternative medicine that I don't have personal experience - but then again I'm also very skeptical of allopathic medicine as well, so maybe I'm just a skeptic...

Anyhow, when I first experienced network, I was going, "okay...this is really really new agey, weird...", " I don't get this. What am I supposed to be doing? I'm supposed to be 'trainee'? What the hell is that mean?", " I don't feel ANYTHING"

Forward 3 months, I was starting to feel like I was getting the hang of it. I breath into the "gateway"(i think that's what it is...lol) and bring the tension up and release it, etc etc. Then it sort of became like yoga in a way.

And I felt elevated in subtle ways, it that makes any sense. And I think if you get deep into network, you can work on letting go of your emotional tension and stuff like that, but I didn't quite get into that. I stopped going to that practice, because we moved quite far away from the practice.

So, I guess the good was that it made me feel good in subtle ways, but I wish the practitioner had explained it a little more in the beginning, I had zero education about what network is ect. I think they expected my husband to explain it to me, because he is the one who introduced it to me.
But then again if you are not really ready to delve into the emotional aspect of network, then I think you can practice some serious yoga and get similar result, but that's just my 2 cents from a limited exposure to network.
I'm sure someone else can explain it better than I can.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
only good experiences here, and that was after surgeries, osteo-release chiro, CST and PT. My shoulder still hurt so much it nauseated me. I had no expectation it would work. It did after about 2 sessions. Here I am years later (still getting adjusted occasionally) and still great.

I think of it as homeopathic chiropractic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.